• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

What did you do to your TJ today?

All 4 Wheelin'

TJ Enthusiast
I did, then I remembered my brother has my other car for the next few days lol.

I’m super meticulous with maintenance and cleanliness. After months of off-roading with the top down, I’ve accumulated quite a large amount of dust on the inside. So I figured I’d clean out the inside of the dash as well as the firewall.

Plus, it’s my day off and I needed a project 😉
Satisfies my curiosity.

RipSteakface

Did some major front end surgery this past weekend, thankfully I had a friend come and help out.

From the inside-out, new ECGS Chromoly Axle shafts, Ten Factory outer tube seals, Teraflex ball joints, painted the knuckles Rustoleum Hammered Black, Timkin Unit Bearings, Crown Dust shields, Black Magic Rotors, Calipers, and pads, Stainless steel extended brake lines, Currie drag link and tie rod, new factory spec pitman arm, Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer.

The main goal was to get rid of the death wobble, secondary goal was to drain my bank account. Both goals achieved! The Jeep looks and feels brand new. Did a quick and dirty toe alignment so it's drivable while I wait for my appointment to get a full alignment and 4-wheel balance done at 4WheelParts.

IMG_20191102_151124.jpg IMG_20191102_190303.jpg IMG_20191102_202953.jpg

IMG_20191102_202901.jpg IMG_20191102_203022.jpg IMG_20191103_182429.jpg

IMG_20191104_115608.jpg IMG_20191104_115612.jpg

Raymund

Did some major front end surgery this past weekend, thankfully I had a friend come and help out.

From the inside-out, new ECGS Chromoly Axle shafts, Ten Factory outer tube seals, Teraflex ball joints, painted the knuckles Rustoleum Hammered Black, Timkin Unit Bearings, Crown Dust shields, Black Magic Rotors, Calipers, and pads, Stainless steel extended brake lines, Currie drag link and tie rod, new factory spec pitman arm, Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer.

The main goal was to get rid of the death wobble, secondary goal was to drain my bank account. Both goals achieved! The Jeep looks and feels brand new. Did a quick and dirty toe alignment so it's drivable while I wait for my appointment to get a full alignment and 4-wheel balance done at 4WheelParts.

View attachment 123627 View attachment 123628 View attachment 123626

View attachment 123629 View attachment 123625 View attachment 123630

View attachment 123631 View attachment 123632
I've been fortunate enough to not have the wobble. That was the first thing I looked for having had that happen in another car years ago. Using the Rancho Rock Crawler kit and it's been great

U8MYDZT

Oh Sh*t! I just realised this is in miles. I use that funky metric system in Australia and thought my 230,000kms (or 140,000 odd miles approximately) was getting there. I do take care of it so I guess it can really go more than I thought
I haven't had my TJ very long so its hard to say exactly how it was cared for but she runs really good and doesn't burn any oil. :cool:

Raymund

I haven't had my TJ very long so its hard to say exactly how it was cared for but she runs really good and doesn't burn any oil. :cool:
Same. No oil loss whatsoever. I've had to replace a starter motor (oh no!), an oil pressure sensor and a dinged exhaust causing an error code (Gasp!). So far so good!

Reactions: TJ Rubicus

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I need to figure out a place to store my extra doors. I don’t have a bare wall in my shop. Don’t have a garage just a carport. I’ve got a walk in lawnmower storage shed and a pump house but they won’t protect the doors from critters. I’m seriously thinking about hanging them in my den/ mancave. They’ll be protected from the weather and bugs in the house. Anybody else store their off-season doors in the house?

Reactions: reddvltj

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I pulled the covers off of my Tiburon seats and installed Dorman seat heaters. They work great!

View attachment 123656

View attachment 123657

To further get ready for the winter, I switched out the Alpine radio for a stock MOPAR radio. It's nice to have a radio with big knobs and buttons that I can work with my gloves on.

Best use of space of that empty spot. Looks factory. Well done!

Reactions: TJ Rubicus and PCO6