What did you do to your TJ today?

Managed to salvage the zipper I busted a while ago on my brand new roof. Somehow (my impatience) the track had gotten turn around backwards inside of the slides. So I removed the metal slide stop at the end, took the slides off, and little by little got the track set back in its proper position. Couldn't get the slides on at first because of the way the zipper was folded but I just trimmed a little fabric off and was able to get 'em. Clamped the slide stop back on and saved myself a cool 150$.

IMG_0722.jpeg
IMG_0723.jpeg
Made some grab handles and put some Cerakote on my fender flares.

Installed the rear 2 vents from Genright. I've still got the one for the front of the hood to install. Just going to wait on help for it so I get it lined up right behind the radiator fan shroud.

I was surprised to feel how much hot air was coming out of the vents. Not sure if it will do anything. I like the look of them so that's the main objective.

20240522_174943.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and 5632
Installed the rear 2 vents from Genright. I've still got the one for the front of the hood to install. Just going to wait on help for it so I get it lined up right behind the radiator fan shroud.

I was surprised to feel how much hot air was coming out of the vents. Not sure if it will do anything. I like the look of them so that's the main objective.

View attachment 529028

Keep us posted if you notice any difference.

Reactions: mjonesjr84
I washed my Jeep yesterday. Then I started it and got the P0301 code. Let it dry overnight, code is still there, but it runs good. I've read the posts. Have the valve cleaner chem on the way and drove it like I stole it for a while this a.m.

Let it sit in the heat all day - heat index 102! Put the Moly in the fuel tank, mixed it up, and ran it for about 20 minutes. No more missing, but the CEL is still lit. Do I have to clear it or will it clear by itself?

Keep us posted if you notice any difference.
Trying to decide where exactly to put the front vent. The picture on my Jeep has the vent setting 1" behind the fan shroud. The one from Genright (white TJ) shows it a lot closer to the core support. In my mind, behind the fan shroud would be best so the air comes through the radiator and then put the vent.

Anyone have an opinion?

20240522_200733.jpg

51sLmHybahL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Trying to decide where exactly to put the front vent. The picture on my Jeep has the vent setting 1" behind the fan shroud. The one from Genright (white TJ) shows it a lot closer to the core support. In my mind, behind the fan shroud would be best so the air comes through the radiator and then put the vent.

Anyone have an opinion?

View attachment 529054

View attachment 529055

I think you need to be careful about water dripping on your alternator, ps pump, and a/c compressor. I know that they can get wet during normal usage, but I think they are not supposed to be drenched. Maybe you could get some small, 12VDC fans to mount under the vents to blow the air up?

I think you need to be careful about water dripping on your alternator, ps pump, and a/c compressor. I know that they can get wet during normal usage, but I think they are not supposed to be drenched. Maybe you could get some small, 12VDC fans to mount under the vents to blow the air up?
I think it would take a direct spray into the back of the vents to drench anything on the front of the engine. That is something to think about too.

Uhm do you have a laser bore gauge? If not then you will not be measuring to .00001 unless in calibration lab. Your numbers are off and is your gauge calibrated? Those numbers are better precision than air gauge a gun barrels need. That gauge is most likely not that precise.
Decided to measure the bore diameter on all cylinders and the ring gap on cyl 4 rings, I think all bores are out of spec.

Manual specs say bore diameter should be 3.4446-3.4452 but all mine are 3.45132-3.45148, that’s roughly 0.006-0.007 out of spec.. so they definitely aren’t oversized.

Top ring Gap:

Spec: 0.0098-0.020
Measured: 0.018

2nd Ring Gap:

Spec: 0.009-0.018
Measured: 0.014

Those bore diameters have me confused.

Reactions: Duner

They get drenched during water crossings. 🤫