What is a reasonable price for used Dana HP30?

My wife's old ZJ had a lp. Have him send a pic from the side. Might save you the trip.

There was a member of JF a couple years ago who swapped in CV shafts. His reasoning for doing so I cant quite remember. Odd chance but that could be the same situation here...

Reactions: pagrey
My wife's old ZJ had a lp. Have him send a pic from the side. Might save you the trip.

There was a member of JF a couple years ago who swapped in CV shafts. His reasoning for doing so I cant quite remember. Odd chance but that could be the same situation here...
maybe free shafts?

I think ZJs never had HP axles, that's why nobody ever says go to a junkyard and look for a ZJ HP30, they always say get an XJ axle. Just don't buy unless you are looking at it. No point in debating facts.

You may be correct. But it obviously has cv axles, and the seller has confirmed that’s it’s high pinion. Maybe they’re incorrect in that. Or maybe it’s from an XJ and someone replaced the axles.
Still waiting on the build tag.

pinion is higher reducing driveline angle and getting it and the yoke farther from rocks, etc. I believe the ring gear in the front is stronger when driven from the top as well.
True. And true. The high pinion designates that the pinion is above the centerline of the axle which keeps it out of the rocks/obstacles while in front and rear.

While other factors carry more weight towards the overall strength of an axle, when talking about the front high pinion axle, the engine torque is applied to the drive side of the gear while moving forward which is stronger than the low pinion front axle setup.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
Why were LP axles used in TJs instead of HP?
Only one of the engineers who worked on the TJ/LJ or maybe some of the engineers at Dana/Spicer could answer that question.

I beleive it was talked about it in the thread below a little bit. It’s all theory and speculation. But gets the gears turning in the head.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...n-went-with-d44s-vs-upgraded-Dana 30-35.6351/

Reactions: Jeffreybomb