What minor thing pisses you off more than it actually should?

I crack up every time I see your measured responses knowing full well after years of it I would respond sarcastically :LOL:

Oh yes, if I was in my 20s I would have different responses entirely. But managing this site and being in my mid 30s now, I'm able to channel the frustration a lot better than I would have been able to when I was much younger.

I don't mind the repetitive questions at all, that's not what gets me. It's asking a question and a) providing no info and making us have to extract it from you, or b) a non-descriptive thread title. Or of course all of the above.

Oh, almost forgot one.

WHEN PEOPLE CHEW WITH THEIR MOUTH OPEN!

Not only does it look disgusting, but the thing that really sets me off is the sound! For some reason, when I hear someone chewing with their mouth open it makes me furious, I literally want to punch something. Most of the time people don’t even think or notice that they are doing it either. Most of the time if you tell them they will either deny it in the first place, or just get mad at you for pointing it out to them, so I just shut up and deal with it.

This thread cracks me up...

I am normally fairly easy to get along with and don’t anger too quickly. However, all my anger issues are related to either inconsiderate people at work or traffic.

Asses at work that think their priority should automatically be my number one priority piss me off.

Asses at work that screen my phone call only to email or text me back 30 seconds later piss me off.

Asses at work for whom I am working on something calling or popping in to ask me if I’m done yet piss me off.

Asses who say something like “we really need to get that done” when they know I am the one doing it (there’s no “we”) piss me off.

Asses who will purposely wait until 15 minutes before the end of the day to come strolling into my office to give me a project instead of giving it to me the next morning piss me off

Asses that come in my office chuckling and start off saying “I know this is going to piss you off but” piss me off.

As for traffic stuff
Asses driving with cell in hand or texting piss me off

Asses dicking with their phone at a red light and don’t take off when it turns green piss me off

Asses going at or under speed limit in left lane when right lanes are moving faster piss me off

Asses that change lanes so close to in front of me instead of waiting until they can see my car in their rear view mirror piss me off

Asses that don’t use cruise control on the highway while mine is set to 4 over the limit. So they pass me then slow down because they are incapable of maintaining steady speed, so I pass them without doing anything but using cruise at 4 over. Then they pass me again. So from here on out I will not let them pass. They start to and I will speed up as much as necessary. Then let my speed go back to my cruise speed. Anyway these asses piss me off.

Asses driving Rock/Gravel trucks causing chips and windshield breakage (Because they did not wipe the shit off the back bumper) piss me off

Asses in pickups that don’t have their load tied down piss me off

Asses that drive like they are in the movie Fast and Furious piss me off

Asses that hedge a traffic line by staying in the lane ending ahead until the last second or even moving into that lane then expecting to get let back over piss me off (this one is my biggest traffic pet peeve)

If truth be told I do have a road rage problem. I will tailgate a slow ass if they don’t get over into the slow lane. I will practically be on the back bumper of the car in front of me to stop douchbag riding the ending lane They know is ending to hedge traffic then trying to get over last second. If there’s a slow mover in the right lane and they put their left blinker on instead of braking to let them go I will more often accelerate to keep them from moving over. If there is two lanes going my direction and I am behind a car and the light ahead goes red I will change lanes if at all possible to be first in line.

I realize I am probably a bigger douche nozzle behind the wheel than most of the folks that piss me off. I try to do better but so often my douchiness comes out.

BUT, when in my TJ with the top down I am 90% less of a douche every time. My TJ is my third vehicle. My other 2 are a BMW X3 m40i and a Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. So you can imagine what a dick I can be when I’m in full douchbag mode.

So I guess I should add another one:

Asses that drive like ME piss me off

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time while driving teaching people how to drive. You know when you can tell someone want to come over to your lane or merge? I let them in every time if possible - BUT only if they use a blinker. No blinker? I will make sure they don’t get over. Blinker? Sure go right ahead I’ll make a big gap for ya. Might be wrong but to many people don’t understand you can’t just switch lanes without signals.

( JEEP RELATED ) No power windows or locks / f'in annoying !!!

( DRIVING RELATED ) People that don't know the right of way when merging. People driving with brights on. People driving in the fast lane that won't move over, and when you pass them they freak out, flashing lights or all of a sudden they found the gas peddle & chase / tailgate you.

Last edited:
or when you are on a mostly empty highway, there is not a car to see in front of you... there are none in the rearview mirror... total bliss except for the one idiot driving right beside you. Slow down? they slow down too. Speed up? right there with ya bud.
that is when you start acting like a drunk driver and swerve into their lane a few times, gets their attention real quick..

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj

( DRIVING RELATED ) People that don't know the right of way when merging. People driving with brights on. People driving in the fast lane that won't move over, and when you pass them they freak out, flashing lights or all of a sudden they found the gas peddle & chase / tailgate you.
Just take that big gulp, roll down your window and pour it out...wipers dont really take it off and you might need a car wash but well worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
New posters who want help, but refuse to fill out their profile. No one knows what they're driving, how old it is, what engine, tranny, etc. As bad as "Need Help!!"

News stories about teenagers who are ending up in the hospital with life-threatening health issues due to vaping. How stupid do you have to be to continue doing something that it is obvious is killing people? It isn't news any more, they need to be reported as Darwin Award candidates.

New posters who want help, but refuse to fill out their profile. No one knows what they're driving, how old it is, what engine, tranny, etc. As bad as "Need Help!!"

News stories about teenagers who are ending up in the hospital with life-threatening health issues due to vaping. How stupid do you have to be to continue doing something that it is obvious is killing people? It isn't news any more, they need to be reported as Darwin Award candidates.
The only ones who are getting sick are the ones doing pot laced vapes, so no pity necessary...

The only ones who are getting sick are the ones doing pot laced vapes, so no pity necessary...

To be fair, the ability to vape an equivalent pack of cigarettes far faster and more discretely than smoking a traditional pack isn't doing anyone any favors, even if it isn't killing the kids immediately. And the industry makes a point of suggesting vapes are safer than smoking, which creates bad environment for poorly informed consumption.

People that take a 2 week vacation, return on a Tuesday and at the last moment take off that same Friday, when I have to do their job as they are out. "You just had 2 F'n weeks off!"

Edit: Yup, happening now.

You haven’t yet driven downtown Seattle at rush hour since you’ve returned, have you. Replace mopeds with bicyclists. 😂

lol the very thought of driving in downtown seattle, rush hour or no, fills me with rage :x

lol tbh i love that it doesn't have power windows or locks. my last vehicle had major problems with both and they were a right pain to fix. then they just broke again. i hope i never see them again hahah.

I can’t stand reading a long message only to continuously come across “haha” in every few sentences.
It makes me read it like the narrator in japanimation cartoons. Haha.

it isn’t anything big but makes me cringe after the second. haha

Reactions: jjvw
Roundabouts are a relatively new thing in the US, but seriously people, they are not hard. Yield and go right to get on, turn left in a circle, turn right to get off. Not make a left to take a short cut lady. You're a special kind of stupid to plug up a roundabout by going the wrong way on it.

We were all zippering at a nice pace on the road to merge traffic this morning, when a guy speeds around the cars driving on the shoulder and muscles his way into the lane 5-10 cars ahead; backing up everyone as they slam on their brakes. Then he drove 20 mph with the rest of us. Saved him a whopping 10 seconds or so on his commute and almost caused several accidents. I never let those type of people in.

Oh yes, if I was in my 20s I would have different responses entirely. But managing this site and being in my mid 30s now, I'm able to channel the frustration a lot better than I would have been able to when I was much younger.

I don't mind the repetitive questions at all, that's not what gets me. It's asking a question and a) providing no info and making us have to extract it from you, or b) a non-descriptive thread title. Or of course all of the above.
Better is similar to the following. Move the transfer case shift lever all the way forward.
Which way is that, toward the part that mounts to the transmission or away from the part that mounts to the transmission?

Yeah, I can't even go back in and try to answer because I'll just say something mean.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
To be fair, the ability to vape an equivalent pack of cigarettes far faster and more discretely than smoking a traditional pack isn't doing anyone any favors, even if it isn't killing the kids immediately. And the industry makes a point of suggesting vapes are safer than smoking, which creates bad environment for poorly informed consumption.
That all looks good on the surface. There are a host of real issues there that I truly hope come around the smack most of the US right in the face with a vengeance.
No government entity has the right to make an entire state stop selling something regardless of its effects. If that is allowed, then the next step can and will be anything they choose that is against their particular agenda. All we need is some fucktard governor to have a relative killed offroad and they can ban 4 wheel drives and or their use offroad. Sorry, you don't get to do that.

We have let the government pick on smokers while not understanding that if that is allowed with the same impunity these precedents set, what's next? There are a host of things in this world that are bad for you. That does not give the .gov right to single out a group and essentially shit all over them because they are doing something bad for them.

Fast food, is it next? It is bad for you. What happens with a .gov decides that there is no more fast food, or restrictions or whatever. Can anyone look at anyone else with a straight face and say that fast food is good for you, anyone?

It is accepted because so far it is popular, what happens when it isn't? .Gov needs to stay out of shit they should not be meddling in.

Drivers who are below the speed limit and brake downhill.

and teenagers

Thinking of people braking downhill...

A couple weeks ago I was coming home from a day trip to the mountains, wasn't in a big hurry. The road is steep, narrow and very curvy with a lot of switchbacks and solid double yellow line the whole way.

When people catch me on a mountain road I'll take the first good turn out to let them pass as I appreciate the same courtesy when I catch someone. I had already let a couple people by (usually its a car that went camping that doesn't understand what happens when your brakes get too hot nor knows how to downshift). Well another car (minivan) pops up behind me and immediately starts riding my ass. After a minute or so I downshift to second from third don't touch my brakes. Give it a bit, asshat still doesn't back off. Then he tries to pass me over a double yellow with lots of blind corners coming up. I punched it, he realized he wasn't going to make it and fell back in behind me. Then I brake checked him hard, squealed tires just a hair hard. Then he finally got the picture and gave me some room. I let him by the next turnout. I could smell his brakes as he went by, I probably did him a favor making him slow down for a couple minutes.

I hate people that ride my bumper unnecessarily. Even more so when they decide to turn a quarter mile after they pass me.

That all looks good on the surface. There are a host of real issues there that I truly hope come around the smack most of the US right in the face with a vengeance.
No government entity has the right to make an entire state stop selling something regardless of its effects. If that is allowed, then the next step can and will be anything they choose that is against their particular agenda. All we need is some fucktard governor to have a relative killed offroad and they can ban 4 wheel drives and or their use offroad. Sorry, you don't get to do that.

We have let the government pick on smokers while not understanding that if that is allowed with the same impunity these precedents set, what's next? There are a host of things in this world that are bad for you. That does not give the .gov right to single out a group and essentially shit all over them because they are doing something bad for them.

Fast food, is it next? It is bad for you. What happens with a .gov decides that there is no more fast food, or restrictions or whatever. Can anyone look at anyone else with a straight face and say that fast food is good for you, anyone?

It is accepted because so far it is popular, what happens when it isn't? .Gov needs to stay out of shit they should not be meddling in.

There is a very large part of me that would like to see no regulation in these areas. This includes legalization and even removing age restrictions for consumption. Even if that means seeing people passed out on the sidewalk more than I already do.

From the opposite end, I tend to think the FDA has been mostly beneficial to our collective health, even at the expense of our freedoms.

What I do see is a great deal of regulatory inconsistancy in what we view as a dangerous substance vs one that is far less so. All that does is create doubt, cynicism and confusion.

Last edited: