What minor thing pisses you off more than it actually should?

That all looks good on the surface. There are a host of real issues there that I truly hope come around the smack most of the US right in the face with a vengeance.
No government entity has the right to make an entire state stop selling something regardless of its effects. If that is allowed, then the next step can and will be anything they choose that is against their particular agenda. All we need is some fucktard governor to have a relative killed offroad and they can ban 4 wheel drives and or their use offroad. Sorry, you don't get to do that.

We have let the government pick on smokers while not understanding that if that is allowed with the same impunity these precedents set, what's next? There are a host of things in this world that are bad for you. That does not give the .gov right to single out a group and essentially shit all over them because they are doing something bad for them.

Fast food, is it next? It is bad for you. What happens with a .gov decides that there is no more fast food, or restrictions or whatever. Can anyone look at anyone else with a straight face and say that fast food is good for you, anyone?

It is accepted because so far it is popular, what happens when it isn't? .Gov needs to stay out of shit they should not be meddling in.

My sentiments exactly. CA is banning stuff left and right while legalizing other things. It's just a different version of the same authoritarian thought processes. Ban smoking, legalize weed makes zero sense to me. The .govs need to stay out of all of it and the courts need to stop giving people money for abusing legal items for decades. Do what you want, suffer the consequences of your decisions.

Next up before banning fast food, the drive through.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...ties-are-banning-new-fast-food-drive-throughs

Last edited:
Reactions: khakitj and Chris
There is a very large part of me that would like to see no regulation in these areas. This includes legalization and even removing age restrictions for consumption. Even if that means seeing people passed out on the sidewalk more than I already do.

From the opposite end, I tend to think the FDA has been mostly beneficial to our collective health, even at the expense of our freedoms.

What I do see is a great deal of regulatory inconsistancy in what we view as a dangerous substance vs one that is far less so. All that does is create doubt, cynicism and confusion.
What strikes me as odd is the inconsistency. Why is smoking never banned or made illegal but now my state of Oregon decided that a ban on flavored vape juice was a good idea....but smoking is fine.

Reactions: khakitj
What strikes me as odd is the inconsistency. Why is smoking never banned or made illegal but now my state of Oregon decided that a ban on flavored vape juice was a good idea....but smoking is fine.

Money mixed with moral panics create weird environments.

Because the state gets money from smokers in the form of taxes, notice how your always taxed more heavily on the stuff that your addicted to, like gasoline, alcohol....

Thinking of people braking downhill...

A couple weeks ago I was coming home from a day trip to the mountains, wasn't in a big hurry. The road is steep, narrow and very curvy with a lot of switchbacks and solid double yellow line the whole way.

When people catch me on a mountain road I'll take the first good turn out to let them pass as I appreciate the same courtesy when I catch someone. I had already let a couple people by (usually its a car that went camping that doesn't understand what happens when your brakes get too hot nor knows how to downshift). Well another car (minivan) pops up behind me and immediately starts riding my ass. After a minute or so I downshift to second from third don't touch my brakes. Give it a bit, asshat still doesn't back off. Then he tries to pass me over a double yellow with lots of blind corners coming up. I punched it, he realized he wasn't going to make it and fell back in behind me. Then I brake checked him hard, squealed tires just a hair hard. Then he finally got the picture and gave me some room. I let him by the next turnout. I could smell his brakes as he went by, I probably did him a favor making him slow down for a couple minutes.

I hate people that ride my bumper unnecessarily. Even more so when they decide to turn a quarter mile after they pass me.

haha I was referring to the small hills in the flat lands. The ones that make you gain maybe two or three mph. Haha

There's a very big part of me that would like to see the government get the fuck out of the health care industry. It pisses me off to no avail that I'm stuck paying for everyone else's health care 😡
You seem to forget Chris, that your tax dollars are paying a large portion of overall health care for seniors and the ones not able to care for themselves. If the medical system was left unregulated, you get things like the 737 max problems where profits outweigh true safety measures...

There's a very big part of me that would like to see the government get the fuck out of the health care industry. It pisses me off to no avail that I'm stuck paying for everyone else's health care 😡
You aren't paying for everyone else's. You also aren't paying the correct price. If we all paid actual without insurance to subsidize the costs, fully 90% of US citizens would be without health care of any sort. I do agree that it is a mess, it is anything but fair and if we applied that business model to any other industry, it would die a horrid death in a short period of time.

Could you imagine going to the grocery store and each item on the shelf has a different price for each group of folks?
Illegal gets it free since they aren't going to pay anyway.
Tier 1 insurance group gets it for 75% off
Tier 2 gets 50% off
Tier 3 gets 25% off
Medicare gets it at 80% off as long as their deductible has been met for aisles 1-6. 75% off for aisles 7-10.
Rich folks who are self insured pay the full amount.
Tier 1 and 2 only get 75% off on weekdays. If they shop on the weekend, they pay 20% of the difference between 75% off and full price.
All subsidized groups are not allowed to leave with groceries if they forget their ID card. You have to call ahead to make an appointment so the cashier can be there to check you out. You can be 1-5 hours early but if you are 1 minute late you have to leave your groceries in the cart and go home.
All but Tier 1 and self insured have to select from the generic goods beside the name brand. We have verified that the generic is exactly the same as the name brand, it just costs less and no we don't care if you think that isn't true, we have verified it.

Please don't be pedantic, all of the above except for the part where the system is an utter mess is fully made up and pulled completely out of my ass.

Reactions: khakitj and kmas0n
I borrow my neighbor's new Milwaukee M18 oscillating tool to see if it will at least be sort of a replacement for my Bosch which fully kicks ass. It seems to be just fine and it dawns on me that since my Bosch blades fit it, that Milwaukee will also make blades and since I don't have a bad part from them yet, I'll try some. Look them up, sure enough they make them, they are far cheaper than Bosch and Home Depot has them on their site.

I need to pick up some primer anyway so I'll snag some while I'm there. None in sight. Find an older lady putting tools on shelves and ask if she works in the tool department. Sure, what do you need? I'm looking for the Milwaukee brand oscillating tool blades. She says, "they don't make any and they know that the ones from Dremel fit everything so that's why they don't. We have the Dremel right over there."

Okay, thank you. Really??

Poor urinal etiquette
  • attempt to start a conversation
  • attempt to make eye contact
  • don't leave a buffer between when possible
  • stand too wide if shoulder-to-shoulder
  • pull pants down
  • get stage fright and delay the line/cue
All of that is why I quit using urinals in public restrooms a very long time ago unless I am the only one in there. Remove the opportunity, remove the things that piss me off.

Poor urinal etiquette
  • attempt to start a conversation
  • attempt to make eye contact
  • don't leave a buffer between when possible
  • stand too wide if shoulder-to-shoulder
  • pull pants down
  • get stage fright and delay the line/cue

Imagine the confidence of the guy who wanders in and checks all those boxes. :(

Imagine the confidence of the guy who wanders in and checks all those boxes. :(
I worked construction with that guy. Ex-Marine, we all be standing around listening to the boss getting lined out for the day's work, or talking about what we needed to do. He'd whip it out and start pissing in the circle. Pavement sucked because the splash would get ya. He'd be talking and never even miss a word, unzip to zipped back up.

I worked construction with that guy. Ex-Marine, we all be standing around listening to the boss getting lined out for the day's work, or talking about what we needed to do. He'd whip it out and start pissing in the circle. Pavement sucked because the splash would get ya. He'd be talking and never even miss a word, unzip to zipped back up.

He sounds irritating. Constant power plays are tiring to watch.

You aren't paying for everyone else's. You also aren't paying the correct price. If we all paid actual without insurance to subsidize the costs, fully 90% of US citizens would be without health care of any sort. I do agree that it is a mess, it is anything but fair and if we applied that business model to any other industry, it would die a horrid death in a short period of time.

Could you imagine going to the grocery store and each item on the shelf has a different price for each group of folks?
Illegal gets it free since they aren't going to pay anyway.
Tier 1 insurance group gets it for 75% off
Tier 2 gets 50% off
Tier 3 gets 25% off
Medicare gets it at 80% off as long as their deductible has been met for aisles 1-6. 75% off for aisles 7-10.
Rich folks who are self insured pay the full amount.
Tier 1 and 2 only get 75% off on weekdays. If they shop on the weekend, they pay 20% of the difference between 75% off and full price.
All subsidized groups are not allowed to leave with groceries if they forget their ID card. You have to call ahead to make an appointment so the cashier can be there to check you out. You can be 1-5 hours early but if you are 1 minute late you have to leave your groceries in the cart and go home.
All but Tier 1 and self insured have to select from the generic goods beside the name brand. We have verified that the generic is exactly the same as the name brand, it just costs less and no we don't care if you think that isn't true, we have verified it.

Please don't be pedantic, all of the above except for the part where the system is an utter mess is fully made up and pulled completely out of my ass.

You're right.

I'm just still a bit pissed off because as someone who has to pay my own health insurance (I'm not employed by anyone), I watched the cost of my health insurance more than double after the ACA (Obama Care) took effect.

My understanding was that that rise in cost was essentially me paying for other's health insurance so that their's could be "affordable".

I could be completely wrong, admittedly I need to look into it more. I just know that the ACA made my health insurance anything but "affordable".