What to replace radio with?

Tikibob23

I have a 1997 wrangler and my radio died. I am thinking of not replacing the radio and just installing some Bluetooth speakers. What do you think? And what should I fill the empty radio hole with?

I would check Cruthcfield.com. They have some pretty good radios available cheap. It's always a good idea to have a radio.

I second that. I’m not aware of an automotive Bluetooth speaker system. You’d still need them to be powered. I got a cheap Sony touchscreen for a couple hundred bucks from Crutchfield.

Edit: Crutchfield will also make you a plug & play harness for an extra 20 or 30 bucks. I think I installed this radio in about 30 mins.

Last edited:
We just had a thread on this under my name..

Went to crutchfield and got the sony dsx-gs80.. reasonable and very happy.. Sounds great

I have a 1997 wrangler and my radio died. I am thinking of not replacing the radio and just installing some Bluetooth speakers. What do you think? And what should I fill the empty radio hole with?
A friend of mine did that as well. His radio works but since he’s always topless he decided to just buy a JBL bluetooth speaker pill. He tethers it to his phone and sets it in the cup holder. Works loud and clear

Aftermarket radios are so cheap though. Especially via Crutchfield. Great source for vehicle audio. And they’ve got awesome customer service w how-to tutorials.

I purchased a radio with Bluetooth for under $40. Then I don’t care if it gets stolen.