What's on your winter upgrade / TODO list?

LoDs, i didn’t try the fishing line. could t get a wrench on the bolt head. it was just a pain. they are sitting in my mobile storage in AK. so maybe one day i’ll get around to trying a third time.

Theres some pics in this thread how I did it. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...rear-bumper-tire-carrier-info-and-pics.15497/

I misspoke earlier. I did use the existing holes in the frame, I just didn’t drill the inside of the frame to be able to install longer bolts. I didn’t have to drill anything at all.

Install rebuilt x-fer case, Savvy tummy tuck, adjustable rear control arms, New rear driveshaft, Trans pan, temp gauge, savvy skid plate. Maybe head unit.

"This is the most wonderful time of the year" ☃️ so I just plan to keep driving it and do maintenance and repairs as needed.

Lockers, upgraded axle shafts for the Dana 30 front axle, 4 56 gears and a Rock Krawler lift kit. Bought all of this stuff over a year ago but a grandkid got in the way.

I'm in SoCal, so winter means it's cool enough to work during the day in the garage.

What Rock Krawler kit? I was thinking about going to the 3.5" x factor.

To do list has been added too. Received bumper guards for my front bumper, gas tank skid and have a new Rampage soft top.

The Savvy bumper guards need to be counter sunk. Need google how to do that.
bumper011.jpg

GTS is so shiny.
tankskid001.jpg

The top is wearing out. Leaks from the seam over my head. A few straps are frayed from my neglect.
tires005.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 707kevin and RINC
Finish my suspension, replace my rusty front fenders, hopefully weld some rocker panel and rear corner patches for rust repair, and do rust remediation as I go. Hope to get it roadworthy for spring!
Oh yeah I have to flush the brakes and un-seize the front passenger side caliper (or replace 😬)

Reactions: John Cooper
Might be a light winter for me this year.

1. Drop gas tank to replace sender, might as well raise my tank skid while it's off
2. install front LCA mini skids, might as well raise my sway link mounts and do a tie rod flip.
3. Possibly install a hub kit.

Finishing the house had me so busy I never got to any of this so the list is the same, but unless I get a real welder I can't say for sure any of it will happen this year either.

Reactions: John Cooper
I have a growing list of parts for the winter.

- regear to 5.13
-hpd30 swap
-arb 30 spline front, 35 spline rear
- currie 4 inch springs and bump stops
- savvy uam and engine skid
- savvy control arms
- currie front and rear track bar/drag link
- currie steering woth tie rod flip
- rear main seal, oil pan gasket
- new shifter boot
- rebuild front drive shaft
- cv rear drive shaft

Lockers, upgraded axle shafts for the Dana 30 front axle, 4 56 gears and a Rock Krawler lift kit. Bought all of this stuff over a year ago but a grandkid got in the way.

I'm in SoCal, so winter means it's cool enough to work during the day in the garage.

Well... Here it is just about a year later. Nothing has been done. But, a grandkid and two weddings later, it is what it is. I have also added to the pile of parts in the garage. A guy who owns a TJ at the local Cars and Coffee put me in touch with a guy that had a Sway-Loc. Couldn't pass it up for $500 new in the box. He sold his TJ and no longer needed the Sway-Loc.

Going to keep mine as stock as possible so only want to replace the soft top with the new one that was in the trunk when I bought it. Maybe change out the O2 sensors because people recommend it as preventative maintenance after 80k miles but might wait until a CEL comes up. Also eyeing @Accelerometer's trunk! Would be nice to be able to lock stuff up when I hit the beach.

Reactions: MikeE024