Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

So far I have had the best luck with ECM to Go. Talk to John South, he responds to email almost instantly.

Never heard of those places. However, there's probably so many places that do this it's impossible to even keep track of them all.

Like so many other guys I was looking for reliable source for PCM's and good information. It seems that with the exception of Flagship One which is in New York most reconditioned PCM's come out of Florida, which strikes me as odd. I called a half dozen outfits and checked out their reviews. ECM to Go had reviews from Jeep dealerships with names of contacts and phone numbers. So I called some of the reviewers and they all had had good experience with this outfit. So I took the plunge and ordered a PCM for a 2006 LJ a week ago.

Just got a PCM for a 2006 LJ with a Banks turbo yesterday. This LJ has a recurring P0161 code and shifts rough at times from 1 to 2 and under hard acceleration the 2 to 3 shift is like engine dies when trying to shift. I tracked down the P0161 code to a short to ground of the O2 sensor heater positive wire, which likely started PCM problem.

Should be real test as I have to reload the Banks program to this "rebuilt" PCM.

Reactions: Chris
Mr. Bill,
Please keep us posted on your project. I am very close to doing the same set up. My 05 LJ auto posted a p1630 and a v 0101 codes, both indicating a loss of communication with the tranny ie. stuck in second gear and the occasional jumping out of gear. I am sure it is the pcm because a neg. batt. r/r temporally fixes the issue.
I have narrowed it down to either Flag 1, ECU team, formally associated with Module Gods and Ecm to Go. I would think that a sure pcm fix is in order prior to a Banks install. Glad you found your PCM issue first.

Reactions: Chris
Mr. Bill,
Please keep us posted on your project. I am very close to doing the same set up. My 05 LJ auto posted a p1630 and a v 0101 codes, both indicating a loss of communication with the tranny ie. stuck in second gear and the occasional jumping out of gear. I am sure it is the pcm because a neg. batt. r/r temporally fixes the issue.
I have narrowed it down to either Flag 1, ECU team, formally associated with Module Gods and Ecm to Go. I would think that a sure pcm fix is in order prior to a Banks install. Glad you found your PCM issue first.
Mike, I will keep you posted. One question for now, is your PCM in an aluminum or steel case.

All I can tell any one in this situation of looking for a solution is to read the reviews on google, yelp etc. I have been less than impressed with the lack of customer service from some of these out fits.

Reactions: Danny Bass
Ok guys, its been close to a month since my last post. For that, I apologize. Work takes precedence and I have also had to deal with the passing of my grandmother out of state and all that entails.

So, I am thrilled to announce that my TJ is running great! The PCM from FS1 fixed my issues (No bus, rough running engine, alternator charging etc). *Note* Once I removed my original alternator, there was much corrosion and the case was cracked as well. I bought a brand new 117 amp alternator from DB Electrical off Amazon for $101 to my door. Can't beat that and it has performed wonderfully so far.

I have put around 250 miles on this new setup and I'm reading a tad over 14 volts.

Next up is finding a small transmission fluid leak, then new soft top/lift/wheels/tires.

Happy customer here, and I recommend FS1.

Just ordered a PCM from FS1 for a 2005 TJ Automatic for $562.49. Seems like most have had the best overall luck with them. I've been watching this thread for almost a year knowing "IT" was coming. I will update with results.

Just joined. I sent my PCM to G7. Any comments?

I posted about them earlier and they were top notch to deal with. My PCM wasn't able to be rebuilt, but they sent me updates throughout the process, sent me back my PCM, and refunded me as promised. Great customer service!

Suggest you stay away from Module Gods / ECU Team. They sold me a new ECU under the premise that my old ECU had a corrupt CPU. When I received the new ECU I had the same exact problem and the issue was a broken valve spring and bad Cam Sensor. Nothing to do with the ECU. They then said my old ECU was dead due to a burnt circuit board and offered to send it back for 25% restocking fee.

I’ve had my fs1 computer in for 9 months and with the exception of the 1 time I had an issue that could have been unrelated to the actual pcm I’m not getting any codes or check engine lights. I really have no idea if the tj is running optimally just have to assume it’s running good enough, runs smooth and the power is ok with my 33’s at 26# my last tank was only 10mpg that part sucks at over $4.10 gallon. I have not had to deal with fs1 since thinking I might have to send the pcm back to fs1 all I can say is at the time they answered the phone and responded positively I feel lucky mine is still working and can’t predict the outcome if I’d sent the first one back for exchange. I have not sent my old working near perfect (except the hard shift into 2nd cold) pcm because every time I think one of these companies is safe someone else gets stuck with a bad replacement and hey turn out to be just like all the others? When the time comes I hope I can afford and it’s worth having a California legal LS swap done I really love the tj.

Module Gods was an awful experience. The website now shows out of business but they are now operating as ECU team. There is a new version of module gods and they claim to not be part of the original company. Seems like they are just moving a bunch of shells trying to hide all the problems. They just lied about what was wrong with my original ecu, they then proceeded to destroy my original ecu so I could no longer return the new ecu. They kept telling me they would send a video of the test results and never did. Instead they sent pictures of my original ecu showing burnt circuit board (even though they told me the original ecu only had a corrupt CPU). Just be careful dealing with any ecu company. They only make money if they can convince you your ecu is bad (and you have very little you can do to verify it is bad).

I have been working on a 2006 LJ Rubicon with all the normal PCM problems, poor shifting and cat heater codes. After researching the internet I choose ECM to Go (www.ecmtogo.com). John Brian South is the contact guy.

This Jeep has to pass California smog and has a Banks turbo kit which is CARB approved. The existing PCM was a part #...703, ECM to Go sent me a part #...711. I contacted John because the ..711 PCM was not listed as approved by CARB. John, Banks and Diablo all worked together to come up with a solution and after many hours back and forth I now have a working Jeep with good drivability and can pass California smog.

ECM to Go could have just blown me off but instead always responded and offered to give me full refund if I liked.

Mr. Bill,
Mike, I finally have a solution for the 2006 Rubicon LJ, bought a PCM from ECM to GO. John Brian South is the guy there. The subject Jeep had lots of problems including tranny not shifting and weird codes that made no sense. Add to that the Jeep has a Banks turbo kit and is California CARB approved.

The only available PCM was a pn ...711 which was not in the list of approved PCMs for the Banks turbo CARB approval. ECM to GO, Banks and Diablo, which makes Banks tuners, worked with me to get an approved tuned. Once installed in the ECM to Go PCM the shifting issues are gone, the cat heater codes are gone and I am seeing codes that make sense and that are responding to recognized fixes.

John at ECM to Go knows his stuff and acts like he cares. He even offered to give me a full refund if I could not get his PCM to work on this special application.

My father-in-law has an 05 automatic and it was shifting crazy and staying stuck in 2nd gear, CEL, the works. After lots of reading on this forum I got him an ECU from wranglerfix.com and we just installed it and WOW! It is shifting great! Definitely recommend contacting Mark at wranglerfix.com