White wheels: cool or lame?

Best I stop now lest it be suggested that I might be aiding and abetting a berator. ;)

Or is that berater?

One letter can make all the difference. It seems a berater is defined as a person who provides expert assistance to clients on a contract basis rather than as an employee.

White wheels work with older CJ’s, but not from the YJ’s on up.

But black wheels matter.

ALL wheels matter!!!

And aside from watercraft and helicopters, they're part of EVERY race.
images (2).jpg images (1).jpg

download (5).jpg racecar.jpg

edit: forgot about horse racing, that can go either way

download (7).jpg download (6).jpg

Last edited:
If I had steel wheels, I'd probably two tone them. I did this on a set of steel tires I put on a Mazda pickup. I did the center black and outer edge to match the paint color of the truck. It beat the crap out of plain black, white, or most likely rust color you get with steel wheels.

I'd definitely pick the 2 colors based on the flow of colors and trim. Like the tan wheels in this thread. I'd paint the center tan to match the roll bars and the edges to match the paint color. My jeep is white with black accents so I'd go Stone White center and Black edges (plus maybe the center circle with the lug nuts) because black is one of the easiest colors to touch up if you scratch the thing up on the trail.

full.jpg

White wheels work with older CJ’s, but not from the YJ’s on up.

Something else you don't see on TJ's much at all are white hardtops...why is that? The earlier pic of that Scrambler with the white hard top and white wheels to me looked awesome and it's bumpers and fender flares were black like TJ's. Just trying to understand why most TJ people don't like white unless it came from the factory that way along with white fender flares?

Funny that you mention white hardtops. I'm actually toying with the idea of painting the top of my hardtop with white RV roof coating (think school bus style) to help reflect heat, as well as adding some insulation on the inside. Still thinking about that solar powered vent/fan thing from the boating world as well.

Zorba I tell you what...before I head back to Arizona/Nevada my black hardtop will be blanco :>) White doesn't SOAK up the heat like black!
Whole thing or just the top? Its hot as balls here in Florida, I got heat exhaustion and had to come inside from working on my Jeep yesterday - and I was underneath it!

Whole thing or just the top? Its hot as balls here in Florida, I got heat exhaustion and had to come inside from working on my Jeep yesterday - and I was underneath it!
Balls actually hang out of the body so the temperature is lower than your body temperature, somewhere in the 96* range. This is for the production of sperm. 🤣

Reactions: Zorba
IDK, I just don't like white wheels on more modern wranglers.

As far as white hardtops, they look good on white wranglers, especially the Sahara versions with white flares. But I wouldn't put white wheels on them. I've seen a white hardtop on a black TJ. It looked like a zebra to me. I can't see a white hardtop looking good on a TJ in red, yellow, silver, green, orange, et. al. Only one I could think of that would possibly look good would be a patriot blue, but even there I'd think a gray hardtop would look better.

It's all just opinion though. Let everyone be convinced in his own mind.

Zorba I'm thinking the whole top for me. In my opinion the color of my TJ (Fire Amber) overall looks too dark with the black hardtop. A white hardtop would not only give it a little "pop" but at the same time reflect more of the sun's rays!

Balls actually hang out of the body so the temperature is lower than your body temperature, somewhere in the 96* range. This is for the production of sperm. 🤣
Yea, yea, yea - they hang if they're allowed to! That's why skirts make sense for guys!

Wait - how did we get on this subject? o_O

Reactions: Noslo65
Zorba I'm thinking the whole top for me. In my opinion the color of my TJ (Fire Amber) overall looks too dark with the black hardtop. A white hardtop would not only give it a little "pop" but at the same time reflect more of the sun's rays!
Looking forward to seeing it.