Why do you drive a Jeep?

I woke up this morning and I read my reply and feel bad. Sorry guys for a bit too harsh to my fellow jeepers :(
No need to apologies mate...its a free world and everyone is entitled to have an opinion...This is what a forum is all about, and life would be boring if we all liked and disliked the same things :D

Reactions: Baird and TJ2
I woke up this morning and I read my reply and feel bad. Sorry guys for a bit too harsh to my fellow jeepers :(
No problem. I have to say, I enjoyed the 2012 JK Sport I had prior to my Rubicon. That thing would get up and go, even with the 3.72 axle ratio. I would find myself going 80 on the freeway if I wasn't paying attention. Comfortable, and great to drive. Other than they look a bit funny, I have nothing against JKs, after 2012.

The Sport I had:
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG

It was definitely not a 'wannabe' Jeep. I should have kept it and sold my wife's Civic...

Last edited:
No problem. I have to say, I enjoyed the 2012 JK Sport I had prior to my Rubicon. That thing would get up and go, even with the 3.72 axle ratio. I would find myself going 80 on the freeway if I wasn't paying attention. Comfortable, and great to drive. Other than they look a bit funny, I have nothing against JKs, after 2012.

The Sport I had:
View attachment 33030 View attachment 33031 View attachment 33032 View attachment 33033

It was definitely not a 'wannabe' Jeep. I should have kept it and sold my wife's Civic...
Def like the color!

I own a 2016 JKU and my wife has a Dodge grand caravan. We have teenage sons, both over 6 foot tall and they have plenty of room in the back seat. My jeep has the convertible top with half doors so the only complaints my family has is the wind noise at interstate speed and there’s no rear climate control for the back, if its really hot or cold outside the temperature in the back may be uncomfortable. A hard top and full doors might solve that but we wanted to cool factor of the convertible. We’ve taken both on very long road trips and my boys prefer the jeep, my wife likes the quiet smooth ride of her minivan for long road trips but if she is just running errands she usually jumps in my jeep because it’s just more fun to drive. My JKU does not ride as smoothly as the minivan but according to my boys the back seats are more comfortable and the ride is not nearly as harsh as it was in the old leaf spring jeeps. It rides about like a half ton pickup with the 31 inch AT tires I have on it. It was slightly smoother with the factory tires but they didn’t do well off-road as we like to do occasionally. The advantage of putting the top down and taking the doors off far outweigh the disadvantages the convertible causes. The MPG is just about the same as the minivan, both around 17–18 in mixed driving. Jeeps are plan Jane without any luxury features or amenities so if your thinking Cadillac comfort you’ll be quickly disappointed. But if your a free spirit who wants to go anywhere… well anywhere reasonable… maybe get a little dirty or sun burnt and have over two tons of fun go with the Wrangler. My JKU is my daily driver, I have over 45K miles with zero regrets.