Why do you drive a Jeep?

Because you can’t take the doors and top off of many other vehicles. I’ve enjoyed driving mine since the day I bought my first TJ. Easy to park in the city (San Francisco), gets me up high to see over cars in traffic, can take it off road, coolness factor, easy to work on, lots of parts available to customize it. My jeep just makes me smile. It’s not fast, good on gas and doesn’t have enough storage space; but I’m ok with that.

I love my TJ. I've had it for a year but have always wanted one. My other vehicle is a Ford F-150 Platinum (which I love). My son told me I didn't want a Jeep because only women who were trying to re-live their youth got Jeeps. Fortunately, I did not listen to him. I live in FL and go topless and doorless in the warm weather. I am always happy when I'm driving my Bee.

The Jeep is easy to work on. I do nearly EVERYTHING myself, in my garage. It is inexpensive to repair, mostly. It's reliable(the 4.0, NOT the 4.7 V8). My son loves it. It makes my daily drive enjoyable, rather than just A to B. It'll go places most other vehicles cannot, if I need it to.

Reactions: KCsTJ and MikeyO
My reasons:

1. Simple vehicle and reliable.
2. Capable.. able to get me to sweet camping spots or run some fun trails. Adventure minded.
3. The more scratches and dings.. the better it looks. (kinda)
4. Looks great with a either surfboard hanging out, fishing rods, covered in mud or clean, fins and snorkel gear packed in, friends squeezed in or solo, doors on or off, top on or off, and in the dirt.

Reactions: MikeyO and JMT
I had a 77 Camaro and it was stolen this past summer. I was sooooo heart broken. I begin looking for another classic car but just couldn't find anything like my Camaro. The next best thing was an old school jeep. I really wanted a 79 or an 80 cj7 but couldn't find one. I came across a 99 TJ and it was at an excellent price.

Reactions: Chris
I first started driving (modified no stocker will do) Jeeps in the 1980s because they were simply the best reasonable cost off road vehicle that was, relatively easily, modifiable to fit my needs (I four wheel to camp).
Stayed with them because they continued to be the best (in the reasonable cost bracket) with a few exceptions, up until the TJs went to the digital dash (now there are only a couple of years of TJ that I would consider... becoming slightly wiser in my dotage!).
Since the newer jeeps have become excessively obese and somewhat sissified/digital) I, likely, will never again (after this TJ) own one newer than the early 2000s, or pre 1981CJ (because of the weaker frames)... tried unibody vehicles; they just won't/don't stand my abuse without very SIGNIFICNT re-engineering and (body on frame) modification.

Enjoy!

Reactions: TJ2
Since the newer jeeps have become excessively obese and somewhat sissified/digital) I, likely, will never again (after this TJ) own one newer than the early 2000s,
Enjoy!

We share almost the same view.
I like the year 1999 through 2006 TJs.

The rest of the jeeps are just bunch of "wannabe's"

My family indoctrinated me in Jeeps at an early age, most of them were Willy's CJ-5's and pickups. There was an old wagoneer and a CJ-2a that they owned but never ran in my life. I've driven a few different Jeeps but my favorite ones have soft tops.

I grew up in Jeeps and camping. Then when I was old enough to drive I bought Blazers and lifted them and loved them. They were huge and awesome looking, but they were limited where they could go especially in the woods, and more than once I was stuck for a couple of days and after one having to call a wrecker to get it out, I decided that smaller was better. My first Jeep was a 76 CJ7 and after that, I couldn't not own one. Since then I had a CJ3A, a CJ5, YJ, JK and now a TJ. I liked them all for different reasons, except the JK. Probably not enough space in this comment box to tell you why, but for me unless they change a lot of stuff the TJ is the last Jeep I would most likely own. I mean model wise. I have never owned a cj2a, and someday would love to own one of those, but i would have to figure out how to get an engine in there that could run A/C in it like the TJ, for these 118 degree days in the summer.

I got mine when i totalled my sports car. a buddy took me out in his XJ and I was hooked i wanted more and got my XJ a few weeks later. then i got tired if it nickle and diming me to death (beat the ever living snot out of it) so i got a TJ and i had been wanting one for a while.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Actually, I had a friend years ago, she said how much she loved hers. I tried looking at them through the years but they held resale value so high I just bought new cars all the time, until, I went rock crawling with a different friend last August. SOLD! She may have had the latest Unlimited Rubicon but I'd been shopping and knew what I wanted, within a week I sold my F-150 and bought my 97 TJ 4.0 I6 named "Little Red Riding Hood". Love it, absolutely in love with it! I will always have a jeep in my garage or on the road! She's my little buddy.

Reactions: TJ2 and Kiwi TJ
I have only owned a jeep for eight months or so. 02 Sahara five speed. I just love driving it. Everyone has their own little reasons why their jeep are special to them. One reason for me is that it gets me to a bunch of fishing holes and hunting spots I could never get to in my one ton dodge long bed or 5.0 mustang. There are too many reasons to list here and the list is growing.

Reactions: MikeyO and Kathy
I love my jeep, 1st one, had it 4 months now - they are built like a tank, versatile, simple to work on, FUN!, and jeeps represent freedom.
Plus did I say FUN! So much fun I am secretly looking for my 2nd TJ! :) :)

Reactions: JMT