02' TJ - Capable daily driver

Contemplating the same lift and tires. Questions: Do the 32x11.50x15 tires fit under the fenders? After the lift, do you have any rubbing at full turn radius?

Also, what the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the door?

Thanks from neighbor to your south!

The 32’s fit great. No rubbing at full turn, i just need to set my bump stops so they don’t rub on fenders at full articulation.
Also the 32’s from BFG measure a bit under 32”, as most BFG K02’s run undersize. But in my opinion they fit that size lift perfectly.
I’ll go out tomorrow and measure the door height for you

Reactions: Alex01 and TJOregon
I’ve got the savvy BL and MML and shifter cable linkage waiting for me to install… But in the mean time i did a comfort upgrade

240B3B9E-E9EA-4EBB-B570-02E933645D83.jpeg

I’ve been wanting bartacts for a long while, but couldn’t justify the 350$ price tag quite yet. But i found a pair pop up on marketplace for 200$ mounted on a 03-06 seats in the exact color way i want. Decided it was worth a shot to offer 100$ and the next day i picked them up! The seat covers fit amazing and i wanted to try out some 03-06 seats anyway as i’ve heard they’re more comfy

I then sold my old ones for 80$, making it only 20$ to get new seats and covers.

Pretty good upgrade!
BF596A8A-60CB-4B14-972B-B8C7EFB77FE0.jpeg

240B3B9E-E9EA-4EBB-B570-02E933645D83.jpeg

(They look splotchy because they’re still drying after i washed them)

Picked up a free stock bumper since i was getting tired of the aftermarket look. I’m going to run no winch for right now while i decide if i prefer a stock bumper…

6380CA7D-D018-4F25-9308-273959866497.jpeg

DFADDFE7-2434-4D10-B861-3D52B68579C1.jpeg

Cut it down to a stubby
712E49EE-6AEA-4CFC-BA79-B78CE040E80D.jpeg

I’m gonna paint it with some flat black but for now it’s done..
C023D1C4-CF6D-4163-9CD6-B255CE1782EB.jpeg

Anyone have a preference? Does it look better simple or aftermarket?

Yours looks quite a bit better than mine! I plan on welding the ends eventually

This reminds me if any ones got some spare OEM recovery hooks for the front bumper i’ll take them

Thx. I just used the Mopar plastic caps but I did weld all the holes in the face of it to make it cleaner looking.

Reactions: kiwi
Haven't updated this thread in a while... Not much work done on my jeep but somehow we now have 3 more!

1st addition was a 1973 CJ5, with a 304.
tempImage4BXYwr.jpg
Needed a standard tuneup and some new brakes (Drove it 15min on country roads home without brakes). Was supposed to be a quick project and then proceeded to blow of chunk of the bell housing as the clutch linkage ripped off. Had to tow it out of the paddock and into the shop
tempImagegEbg24.jpg

The PO put in a random ford top loader and i wanted it back to the original 3 speed, so i picked up a T15 with transfer case. Still need to finish that swap but i've got the old one out
tempImage8rVe19.jpg

2nd addition was a cheap TJ that i convinced my dad into getting..
tempImageMb1ZQP.jpg

Ran great, shifts no problems, but had a big ol' crack in the transfer
tempImage2R1K6H.jpg

Swapped in one that we got off FB and now 4wd works!

Then decided to put it on the same lift i've got (2.5" with ranchos)
tempImageRvrRR1.jpg

Still finishing that up too, ran into some issues with the front axle so picked up one from FB and the guy said to take his steering for free!
tempImageHlr2QX.jpg

Not sure what brand but its beefy.. I'm thinking maybe 1 ton steering? Any ideas? I was planning on doing currectlync on my TJ but would this be better?

And lastly my mom picked up a 2022 2 door willy's edition, to tow behind their motorhome
tempImageIQr7oR.jpg

Exactly 20 years of jeeps right here! Luckily this one hasn't got issues
tempImageHeRd0h.jpg

That's cross over steering and there is a reason the guy gave it to you. Throw it in the garbage right where it belongs. It doesn't work well on TJ's, gives a pretty big dead spot in the center from tie rod roll.

That's cross over steering and there is a reason the guy gave it to you. Throw it in the garbage right where it belongs. It doesn't work well on TJ's, gives a pretty big dead spot in the center from tie rod roll.

Is it worth anything? If i tried to sell it