Reverse Engineered. You manufacture automotive PCBs? For $500? I hope this is true, it would be an amazing breakthrough for 42rle owners.

Could you explain this process with a little more detail?

We are all familiar with operations like FS1 who test, clean, re solder poor connections and reassemble. You however claim that you have determined the exact area of these computer models failures and are manufacturing new PCBs that will provide a "fix". Is that correct? Why not explain what the exact manufacturing or engineering flaw that is with the factory units? For all of us Jeepers it would be nice to have a definitive answer and maybe call out FCA on their negligence.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Many PCM failures are due to electrolytic capacitors failing for the way older jeeps, that potting compound sucks to remove (silicone like stuff that covers the electronics) which makes repairs difficult. I sure hope there is a NEW pcm out there and not just a rebuild. Tim

Your website is also not showing any PCM's, just T-shirts

Many PCM failures are due to electrolytic capacitors failing for the way older jeeps, that potting compound sucks to remove (silicone like stuff that covers the electronics) which makes repairs difficult. I sure hope there is a NEW pcm out there and not just a rebuild. Tim

You

You can call me on the toll-free number or email me and I will assist you.

As far as the site, I paid someone and they stuck me. I’m working on getting that resolved and I apologize.

If I can be of any assistance please reach out.

Thanks,

Mark

You

You can call me on the toll-free number or email me and I will assist you.

As far as the site, I paid someone and they stuck me. I’m working on getting that resolved and I apologize.

If I can be of any assistance please reach out.

Thanks,

Mark
Our PCM’s do not have any gel in them!

Reverse Engineered. You manufacture automotive PCBs? For $500? I hope this is true, it would be an amazing breakthrough for 42rle owners.

Could you explain this process with a little more detail?

We are all familiar with operations like FS1 who test, clean, re solder poor connections and reassemble. You however claim that you have determined the exact area of these computer models failures and are manufacturing new PCBs that will provide a "fix". Is that correct? Why not explain what the exact manufacturing or engineering flaw that is with the factory units? For all of us Jeepers it would be nice to have a definitive answer and maybe call out FCA on their negligence.
I forwarded your email to our techs and should post a reply tomorrow sometime.

Thanks,

Mark

I’ve been searching on multiple Jeep forums for anyone who has this product installed and has run it for more than 120 miles (the guy in the video). In my experience (3 failed PCM’s), if the PCM is going to fail, it usually takes AT LEAST 500-1000 miles for the problems to occur. I really do hope Wrangler Fix is the real deal, but I need more convincing.

I’ve been searching on multiple Jeep forums for anyone who has this product installed and has run it for more than 120 miles (the guy in the video). In my experience (3 failed PCM’s), if the PCM is going to fail, it usually takes AT LEAST 500-1000 miles for the problems to occur. I really do hope Wrangler Fix is the real deal, but I need more convincing.
Good morning,

I understand your concerns as there are a lot of people claiming to be able to repair the unrepairable or have the solution. When I go to the office on Monday When I go to the office on Monday I will call some old customers and ask them for their testimonials

Have a great weekend!

Mark Cantrell

Good morning,

I understand your concerns as there are a lot of people claiming to be able to repair the unrepairable or have the solution. When I go to the office on Monday When I go to the office on Monday I will call some old customers and ask them for their testimonials

Have a great weekend!

Mark Cantrell

Thanks, Mark. I was also wondering what kind of warranty you offer on your product?

Our PCM’s do not have any gel in them!
I’m curious what purpose the gel served in the OEM PCM’s? Did it protect the components against vibration and/or moisture? Given the track record of the OEM design, maybe it didn’t help at all.

It's called "potting" and usually done so others can't reverse engineer it.
Hmmm.....Wikipedia (the source of all that is true ;)), says potting is used for protection. If that’s true, I’d ask Mark to tell us how his product is protected from vibration and moisture? The PCM can take a real beating under the hood, especially those that go off-road.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potting_(electronics)

I should be getting one of these soon as I ordered last week. I will be happy to report on how it works out for me. I have only had the hard shifting problem so far, no odd error codes. I don't put tons of miles on the Jeep. so going a few hundred miles might take a bit of time, but I'll drive it more than usual to see if this takes care of my problem. I'm looking forward to it.

I should be getting one of these soon as I ordered last week. I will be happy to report on how it works out for me. I have only had the hard shifting problem so far, no odd error codes. I don't put tons of miles on the Jeep. so going a few hundred miles might take a bit of time, but I'll drive it more than usual to see if this takes care of my problem. I'm looking forward to it.

Excellent, If you could, please take plenty of pictures of the specimen.

Hmmm.....Wikipedia (the source of all that is true ;)), says potting is used for protection. If that’s true, I’d ask Mark to tell us how his product is protected from vibration and moisture? The PCM can take a real beating under the hood, especially those that go off-road.

Yeah, I'd argue that point. It's like when the government says "this will be better..."
Ever notice how there's a blob of epoxy only over the ic chip in some things? A flat, SMD needs protection but not the rest of the components?
I'm not saying that it won't help keep things jiggle-free and moisture out but I really don't believe that that is the primary reason.

Good day gentlemen:

I have someone working on the website and am happy to announce that we will have pcms from 1991-2019!

The warranty is one year with additional year available for $75.00.

The Pcm that has the gel is made by Huntsville and that’s the one that fails most often. The techs found a comparable Pcm OEM non-gel, modified both Pcm and software to get a good working unit! And it works!

In hindsight, reverse engineered was the wrong choice of words. We Frankensteined it i suppose you could say.

Enclosed is shot of our Dodge, Chrystler and Jeep ecm/pcm collection...we stock all years or offer a repair service on most years to save you money! (Anyone who tells you they can repair the 05-06 pcms laugh at them and run!)

J and W Auto Wreckers in California has a ton of Jeep parts and has purchased some pcms from me. Speak to Neil or Mark for a reference. 916-723-3989.

I hope I answered most of your questions and have a great night!

Mark

4E9350FB-9EFA-47E9-9560-CB0897015D00.jpeg

My '06 started hard-shifting from 1st to 2nd yesterday. I found the reset instructions in another discussion, did that last night and today it shifts normally again. We'll have to see how long that lasts.

So is the PCM "going bad"? If it is going bad why would resetting it work? What is the technical explanation for what is happening with the PCM?

Thanks!