Good to know about the Luk. There was an alternative, but I had this one in my Amazon list so that’s what she bought.

North Idaho Trail Blazers is the group here that actually wheels and are active in building trail and working with local authorities. Good group of guys.
Sounds awesome. Another cool Idaho Jeeper that could roll out with us is @MX952 . His Jeep is well setup.

Oh yeah, that looks a lot better than what I struggled with. I used a two jaw...and my life SUCKED for an hour.

This is how mine came out...Of course, my bearing had seized so the inner cage was FUBAR

1614522762187.png

1614522782455.png

Do you just tap the new bearing in with a rubber or plastic hammer? Use any grease there? Or just on the splines after cleaning them up?

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Do you just tap the new bearing in with a rubber or plastic hammer? Use any grease there? Or just on the splines after cleaning them up?
I use a bushing driver. But you could substitute anything that drives it in flush. And I have always put a little extra grease on the pilot bearing/bushings. Not gobs.

Sheesh, IDK if I can do the clutch. I’m freakin out. I have a transmission Jack, but this is a big job. IDK what to do though, I’ve already started taking apart. Freakin lot of stuff and will take awhile. I am super busy at work too, so not sure if I can get everything done anytime soon, if I can do it at all. Thinking about selling the damn thing. This is getting old.

Sheesh, IDK if I can do the clutch. I’m freakin out. I have a transmission Jack, but this is a big job. IDK what to do though, I’ve already started taking apart. Freakin lot of stuff and will take awhile. I am super busy at work too, so not sure if I can get everything done anytime soon, if I can do it at all. Thinking about selling the damn thing. This is getting old.
Do you have weekends off?

You can do it.