I kill you guys! Stop staring at my butt crack! It’s no bigger than yours @Starrs and you have one coming @bobthetj03. You’ll thank me later. Many bonuses to the butt crack reveal.
Hahahaha just messing! I will say in all honesty I hate my rear end now because of the damn body lift. It's an easy was to get to 33s, but I would just do a bigger lift if I could do it all over again.

Now that I painted mine black like yours, I don’t mind it at all. Plus, I need it for a future TT. And Mr Blaine said it is the single best mod for the money. So there we have it from a guru! I noticed some rear bumpers are made to cover it.

I'm planning on picking this guy up in a couple months to cover up my Gap...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IS92ZJO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

718iPgqK3tL._SL1023_.jpg

Hard to beat for the price, and it looks like it will cover a gap in the rear pretty well. Gotta let my wallet cool down a bit though...

Reactions: JMT
I took the plunge. New shoes from Discount Tire; Cooper STT Pro 33x12.5r15 on 2.5” OME SL and 1.25” Savvy BL. The balance is perfect. Excellent ride. Love or hate the width, I think it looks mean and will perform well for my uses. Super short valve stems to boot. :D I’m very glad I chose this tire size and width.

Gearing seems fine with the 6-Speed, especially around town. Haven’t been on highway without a trailer yet, as I brought my 31’s home. :)

Took some before and after measurements that I’ll add a bit later. For now let’s get to the pics!

Before on 31’s
C9C010CA-13F4-4BF9-B270-DACDF7F83597.jpeg

Dana 30 - 9 1/2”
Dana 35 - 9 1/4”
Front of TCase skid -12 1/2”
Rear of skid - 12 7/8”
Gas tank skid - 14”
Rear shocks - 9 1/2”
Front lower control Arms - 9 7/8”
Oil Pan - 15 3/4”

After on 33’s
1BFBE478-7155-426A-A7E2-C1980CA6355E.jpeg

One more After for good measure.
E32651E2-CD6C-4A8A-89E3-E130F812D685.jpeg

Gained 1- 1 1/2” at all the important spots
Dana 30 - 10 9/16”
Dana 35 - 10 3/8”
Front of T case skid - 13 3/4”
Rear of skid - 14 1/4”
Gas tank skid - 15 5/16”
Rear shocks - 10 1/4”
Front lower control arms - 11 3/8”
Oil pan - 17

Last edited:
I took the plunge. New shoes from Discount Tire; Cooper STT Pro 33x12.5r15 on 2.5” OME SL and 1.25” Savvy BL. The balance is perfect. Excellent ride. Love or hate the width, I think it looks mean and will perform well. :D I’m very glad I chose this tire size and width.

Gearing seems fine with the 6-Speed, especially around town. Haven’t been on highway without a trailer yet, as I brought my 31’s home. :)

Took some before and after measurements that I’ll add a bit later. For now let’s get to the pics!

Before on 31’s
View attachment 29341
After in 33’s
View attachment 29339
One more After for good measure.
View attachment 29340
I dig it! Nice choice JMT!

I think you done good. Looking pretty sweet to me!!! How about a distant frontal pic?

I'm kinda wanting the wrangler MT/Rs. I just got these duratracs last March though.
Thanks, it was time. My Wrangler MT/R’s were manufactured in 2013, so almost 5 yrs old. Tread was 5/32 or less all around.

Looking forward to seeing more of the great work you are doing on yours. Really coming along!

Do you have any other spacer up front or just the 10mm OME puck?
Just the 10mm spacer. The aftermarket bumper and winch weigh 123lbs, minus the stock bumper, which is around 12-15lb, makes my front end about 110lbs over stock.

The rear is 27lbs over stock

@bobthetj03, I keep meaning to ask you, what wheels do you have? I really like them. The only other wheels I've seen that I might like more than the factory Moab wheels!

Hey @JMT, if you get some Rubi flares, we can do some side by side front/back profile shots for folks who want to know what a 12.50 wide tire looks like vs. a 10.50 wide tire. @Chris might possibly have his old Rubi flares for sale soon. Just a thought.