I have a set of Genright body mount brackets for the TJ. The only reason they haven't been installed is because of the Savvy MUA. With all the stuff on my to-do list, removing the cross-member and fabricating a mount isn't at the top of my list. :(

Reactions: JMT
I have a set of Genright body mount brackets for the TJ. The only reason they haven't been installed is because of the Savvy MUA. With all the stuff on my to-do list, removing the cross-member and fabricating a mount isn't at the top of my list. :(
It’s not as bad as it looks. It’s really just cutting and flipping the crossmember’s end pieces side for side (and flipped). Then get the skid into position and weld tabs to the frame that line up with the newly flipped ends. I’ll eventually redo mine because I think it’s worth gusseting them too.

843F3073-0626-426E-8D3F-7B48F47EE2F1.jpeg

A37F8D2E-48A4-49E0-9246-209DD487CFDB.jpeg

C12A6774-B243-4B26-B2FC-2226722ED368.jpeg

6EF87489-CF26-4BA2-9C17-E9ED9DD870B8.jpeg

It’s not as bad as it looks. It’s really just cutting and flipping the crossmember’s end pieces side for side (and flipped). Then get the skid into position and weld tabs to the frame that line up with the newly flipped ends. I’ll eventually redo mine because I think it’s worth gusseting them too.

View attachment 286601

View attachment 286603

View attachment 286604

View attachment 286605
This is on my must do list, along with a tie rod flip, so I'll get to it over the winter! (y)

Reactions: Wildman and rasband
Should I get Centric rotors for my rear disc brakes when I replace my brake pads with BMB Pads?

Should I get Centric rotors for my rear disc brakes when I replace my brake pads with BMB Pads?
When I did my front refresh I did the whole kit (rotors, pads, calipers). But I think unless you have any issues with your calipers it’s not necessary (and makes it easier). Especially for the rears that only see 30-40% of the force.

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
When I did my front refresh I did the whole kit (rotors, pads, calipers). But I think unless you have any issues with your calipers it’s not necessary (and makes it easier). Especially for the rears that only see 30-40% of the force.
Lol, I read that wrong. Yes, I’d do pads + rotors always - calipers only if you’re finding issues or sticking in what you have now since they’re OEM replacements effectively.

Reactions: JMT
If any jeep here deserves raised mounts it's yours.
I told him that recently, he just complained that the genright prices went up… so now he’ll complain until the next increase before buying 😝
Hmmm you guys have made some compelling arguments here. I think you’ve talked me into it.

They'll likely have a black Friday sale. Might get you back down to the old price.

They are all an improvement over stock height. Other than that I’d like to measure the distance from the tub to have an objective reason for one or the other as that’s the only real reason I could objectively suggest either. Visually the swag look to have more hanging down, but that may not matter.

Reactions: Wildman