There is only so far back you can go before the track bar wants to get jiggy with the tank skid.
That’s where my adjustable trackbar and Currie angled trackbar bracket will help some.

Got the upper arms on. Anyone know what size the nut is on MC’s adjustable arms? My largest crescent won’t quite get on it and I could only get my pipe wrench on one end. Also, what to do with the parking brake line that was attached to the upper on each side? Just let it hang free?

Also, I used the flag nut rather than MC's replacement, seems so much easier for that space. If I'm totally off base here, let me know.

Passenger

39E37B00-258A-4033-A9E3-EF9619B80821.jpeg

5B9CC229-BC32-4A6F-9A03-9A7EE0AC2DD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: J R
That’s where my adjustable trackbar and Currie angled trackbar will help some.

Got the upper arms on. Anyone know what size the nut is on MC’s adjustable arms? My largest crescent won’t quite get on it and I could only get my pipe wrench on one end. Also, what to do with the parking brake line that was attached to the upper on each side? Just let it hang free?

Also, I used the flag nut rather than MC's replacement, seems so much easier for that space. If I'm totally off base here, let me know.

Passenger

View attachment 156575
View attachment 156576
Flag nut should be fine, use the oem torque spec with it. I can’t see an issue with the brake cable but you could zip tie it up if it interferes in cycling.

Last edited:
Flag nut should be fine, use the oem torque spec with it. I can’t see an issue with the brake cable but you could tie it up if it interferes in cycling.
I just went with the spec'd 55 ft lbs for the uppers. I could zip tie it to the arm, but I think I'll wait till I get it dialed in, then take a look and zip tie it if it needs it. I doubt it needs to be tied up. It doesn't hang down where it could get snagged on anything.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
My brake lines are free as birds :p and they have been fine. I think the nut for the aluminum double adjustable is 1.875

I only have the steel, single adjustables. But the torque for the jam nuts is exactly stand-on-the-end-of-cheater-bar.. foot pounds

I'll check tomorrow. I have the same exact arms and a crowsfoot to match it. Trust me, I've adjusted the pinion more than is sane.
If only you were still sane without those vibes. That's my dream at least Jim.

It's got to be 1 1/2". My crescent is so close, and it's about 1 3/8". Good enough....Thanks...

Last edited:
Reactions: bobthetj03
Finally doing that TT, awesome! i know you have your boys, but if you need an extra hand I'm only 10 min away. I might need you help at the end of the summer 😁

Reactions: JMT
Finally doing that TT, awesome! i know you have your boys, but if you need an extra hand I'm only 10 min away. I might need you help at the end of the summer 😁
Hi Jesse! Good to hear from you. I’ll let you know if I need an extra hand! While I’m on the topic, I might need a loaner TJ during this time. I’m sure you can help me out! 🤣

Reactions: Jesse Marquez
Keep in mind, the pinion angle relationship in the front is going to change with your TT. That could, or could not present some vibe issues of your front DS. Although not as critical due to a longer front DS, the pinion still likes to be close to same angle as the DS, just like the rear. Just wanted to put that out there in case you develop vibes and want to immediately blame the rear DS.
This is a good point. I’ll be thinking of this when I take it for a spin. Thanks

Reactions: bobthetj03
I definitely needed to do some adjustments in the front after my TT. Unless you have an HP30 that I somehow didn't catch on to until right now haha

After thinking on this, I can't actually say there was ever an issue because I did all 8 arms at the same time as the TT so don't listen to me, you could be fine.

Reactions: JMT
I definitely needed to do some adjustments in the front after my TT. Unless you have an HP30 that I somehow didn't catch on to until right now haha
Great. 🙄 I didn’t think that would be an issue with 3” SL up front.

• Sad
Reactions: Vasq
I have a 3" SL as well. GAH! I hate being a downer! Fingers crossed it's a non issue for you.
Thanks, you have 3.5 MC suspension. Are you only getting 3”?

Thanks, you have 3.5 MC suspension. Are you only getting 3”?
Correct. MC springs are dumb in my opinion. Live and learn i guess. I had to rotate the front axle enough that the front collapsed part of the coil vibrates against the spring/shock bracket.

Reactions: taylormade73