I wish I could have gone with the savvy system. It's a shame they don't make it anymore for my year.

Do you need to do any exhaust work to clear the muffler?

Reactions: starkey480
I wish I could have gone with the savvy system. It's a shame they don't make it anymore for my year.

Uh, yeah.

Right now my biggest problem is the outer C’s. They are way too narrow and spreading a lot when I put them around the frame. I’ve got the lower bolts through holding the crossmember in place, loosely. The top I’m going to C clamp and see if I can use some of my small punches as a drift to get a longer bolt in , clamp that down and start putting the savvy 1” bolts in. We will see. I’m about to go out

Uh, yeah.

Right now my biggest problem is the outer C’s. They are way too narrow and spreading a lot when I put them around the frame. I’ve got the lower bolts through holding the crossmember in place, loosely. The top I’m going to C clamp and see if I can get a longer bolt in , clamp that down and start putting the savvy 1” bolts in. We will see. I’m about to go out

The Savvy TT is a no joke mod, so kudos for taking this one on. For me the C's were a pain, but the exhaust was worse. I had to clearance the cross member and cut the exhaust a couple times. I used band clamps when connecting the exhaust pieces. This gave me the most adjust-ability, when positioning everything. FWIW, I also had MC springs and arms in my install. It all came together, but didn't happen quickly!

6PCWQKW.jpg

dTAqeP9.jpg

It's a shame you're not closer. I have the one I pulled off my '99. Virtually unused, and now sitting in a pile in the garage!

• Wow
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
The Savvy TT is a no joke mod, so kudos for taking this one on. For me the C's were a pain, but the exhaust was worse. I had to clearance the cross member and cut the exhaust a couple times. I used band clamps when connecting the exhaust pieces. This gave me the most adjust-ability, when positioning everything. FWIW, I also had MC springs and arms in my install. It all came together, but didn't happen quickly!

View attachment 157578

View attachment 157579
I’m thinking of just cutting the exhaust for now. It’s hitting everything

The outer C's need some persuasion to go to their home. The inner C will pull them together.
It's a shame you're not closer. I have the one I pulled off my '99. Virtually unused, and now sitting in a pile in the garage!
Too bad. I'm sure you could get at least the price of a new 03+ system for it. I ultimately went with the Genright universal cross-member. It's not bolt-on but will get the job done.

That's exactly what I did. Once I got everything in, I mocked
The outer C's need some persuasion to go to their home. The inner C will pull them together.
Too bad. I'm sure you could get at least the price of a new 03+ system for it. I ultimately went with the Genright universal cross-member. It's not bolt-on but will get the job done.

I had it for sale locally for $400 and couldn't give it away! I'll just hold onto it until someone who knows what their looking for is interested.

We just left the rear brace uninstalled until the exhaust work was done on Toms.

That's exactly what I did. Then attacked that last. Like I said before, stainless steel band clamps were my friend!

Reactions: Alex01
That's exactly what I did. Once I got everything in, I mocked

I had it for sale locally for $400 and couldn't give it away! I'll just hold onto it until someone who knows what their looking for is interested.
You may want to look into greyhound shipping or Fastenal and sell it on the forum. I bet you'd sell quickly in that case. Or join the Moab trip and sell it to the highest bidder.

Would it be worth it to just cut the exhaust off and finish up then take to an exhaust shop and have them put something custom on? I had dual exhaust put on my old Chevy, and had a 02 bung welded on for less than 200 dollars, but I did provide the mufflers. I have found muffler shops to be pretty reasonable, and do good work, plus they understand where to put things in the best place possible. 3 things I don't do on my Jeep, Glass, Tires, and exhaust.

Reactions: JMT and starkey480
Seems like the exhaust on a LJ is a little more forgiving. Don’t get me wrong I still needed to get exhaust work done but at the same time I was able to button everything tight and drive to the shop.

I did have to take a little out of the cross member that was hitting the transfer case.

thanks for posting that picture of the drive line WOW that is insane.

it’s a lot of work but it’s worth it. When you walk out of a gas station and don’t see the old skid hanging down you’re going for think to your self man that looks good, also when you don’t scrape or bang it that’s even better!

Seems like the exhaust on a LJ is a little more forgiving. Don’t get me wrong I still needed to get exhaust work done but at the same time I was able to button everything tight and drive to the shop.

I did have to take a little out of the cross member that was hitting the transfer case.

thanks for posting that picture of the drive line WOW that is insane.

it’s a lot of work but it’s worth it. When you walk out of a gas station and don’t see the old skid hanging down you’re going for think to your self man that looks good, also when you don’t scrape or bang it that’s even better!
I can already see where it will be and it is amazing. So far I am glad I went the full tuck route. I kept saying to myself, why spend all that money for a mini tuck. If I’m doing this I’m going all the way or no way. It’s amazing how much longer and slimmer the rig looks. Takes some getting used to!

Does GoJo make a shower gel? 🤣 After a day like today I could have used some. Good day. Finally got the outer C’s bolted to the inner C’s and crossmember. I made a drift myself out of a 10” nail. It worked well.

EDE9C123-2720-446A-A82F-A24BF49F221A.jpeg

lots happened. Cleared the exhaust at the crossmember, but it’s clobbering my shock body.

Rotated the pinion to point at the harmonic balancer. At least I’ll be in the ballpark when the JB SS is installed. It was super easy to adjust the double adjustables, and I will do more when I get the JKS trackbar installed and check clearances. Went ahead and installed the Currie angled trackbar bracket. It’s ready for welding when the time comes. Always a bit of a pain to deal with relocation brackets, but I’ve got the hang of it. Looks like my driveshaft will be about 19” long! My rear shocks have about 4.75” up travel, which is an improvement.
6C516B85-5EB5-4259-A5E6-89030BF9C0AF.jpeg
B2DEFD93-A2D0-4E39-BE6A-3C2EA1BE62DC.jpeg
517884C9-2298-47A6-AF57-B386FF501C79.jpeg
F30EEDB5-7375-4C08-879F-1044881DA04F.jpeg

Just a tip regarding the JB conversions SS SYE, the o-ring that sits on the speed sensor for the tone ring.. its crap. I've talked to several guys here who have had it weep. Not a lot, you aren't going to run dry or anything, but you'll want to think about replacing it. I used a quad ring intended for hydraulic cylinders. It was a fight to get in, but it's sealed off good now.

oh and damn fine work on the tuck (y)

Just a tip regarding the JB conversions SS SYE, the o-ring that sits on the speed sensor for the tone ring.. its crap. I've talked to several guys here who have had it weep. Not a lot, you aren't going to run dry or anything, but you'll want to think about replacing it. I used a quad ring intended for hydraulic cylinders. It was a fight to get in, but it's sealed off good now.

oh and damn fine work on the tuck (y)
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow AM. I’ve got to pick up a 12 pt 10mm and rent a 250ft/lb torque wrench. Maybe I can find something that will seal it up.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow AM. I’ve got to pick up a 12 pt 10mm and rent a 250ft/lb torque wrench. Maybe I can find something that will seal it up.
I just learned autozone gives you points for renting tools even if you return them. I got a $20 coupon from them.

The tuck looks great!! Can't wait to see the sssye

Reactions: JMT and Nickgsjeep