What about this wheel? I’m classically known as Hot Wheels because of my current wheels. These would seem to be in keeping with that genre. BS is 4.5, not ideal, but something I can work with.
43829459-C487-4AF2-BEBB-B0B1A130781C.png

What about this wheel? I’m classically known as Hot Wheels because of my current wheels. These would seem to be in keeping with that genre. BS is 4.5, not ideal, but something I can work with.
View attachment 189336
I dare ya! ;) I seriously considered some Torq Thrusts at one point, but just couldn't quite bring myself to do it. :)

Reactions: DrDmoney
I like the looks of a 5 spoke wheel
I too like that it keeps the classic 5-spoke. I found this wheel originally about a year ago, then lost it. Finally found it again.

I dare ya! ;) I seriously considered some Torq Thrusts at one point, but just couldn't quite bring myself to do it. :)
What stopped the master thread derailler?

How much, if any, snow do you get in your area of WA? I only ask because if you start snow wheeling you may want to consider bead locks so you can air down to almost nothing.

How much, if any, snow do you get in your area of WA? I only ask because if you start snow wheeling you may want to consider bead locks so you can air down to almost nothing.
We average 48” a year. It comes in waves and melts off. If we head out toward the mountains in ID, there’s snow on the ground from November to April or May.
074164BE-AD34-463B-8205-246BF5D4B643.jpeg

I ran these for years they did suffer from a bit of “rock polishing “ I was always picking lines that wouldn’t destroy them and running higher pressures.
65E8D54D-803B-4207-837C-F9A7CA0CF209.jpeg

The reality is you don’t need a beadlock but I think they offer more protection for the wheel, tire, and valve stem, plus you can comfortably air down to lower pressures and I find myself using the outside of the wheel and sidewall to pivot and push off obstacles more.

View attachment 189336
Shit man... If you're looking at those, you might just as well run the factory grizzly wheel.

1599925565443.png

Reactions: JMT and DrDmoney
I ran these for years they did suffer from a bit of “rock polishing “ I was always picking lines that wouldn’t destroy them and running higher pressures.
View attachment 189379
The reality is you don’t need a beadlock but I think they offer more protection for the wheel, tire, and valve stem, plus you can comfortably air down to lower pressures and I find myself using the outside of the wheel and sidewall to pivot and push off obstacles more.
I am comfortable airing down to 8psi. Usually I go down to 10.

I just don’t want the expense of a beadlock and the pain of having them mounted and balanced. My current wheels have tons of rock rash. I really don’t want to spend the money on a new set, but I guess I could drop another $700 on a nice set of DD wheels and keep my current set for wheelin. I was planning on selling them. If I keep them I could wait around for some Interco blems for the wheelin set. Issue then is I’ve got to switch them all out when I go wheelin. Not too big a deal, but that’s a lot of tires sitting around!

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Anyone just remove their front sway bar? I haven my had mine connected int two months and it doesn’t bother me at all. Thinking I read it’s fine to remove them on a TJ, but can’t remember.

I just don’t want the expense of a beadlock and the pain of having them mounted and balanced. My current wheels have tons of rock rash. I really don’t want to spend the money on a new set, but I guess I could drop another $700 on a nice set of DD wheels and keep my current set for wheelin. I was planning on selling them. If I keep them I could wait around for some Interco blems for the wheelin set. Issue then is I’ve got to switch them all out when I go wheelin. Not too big a deal, but that’s a lot of tires sitting around!

That'll get old real fast. "Hey, lets go wheeling!" Hold on, let me swap out my wheels. Those wheels would look badass, on a 70 fleetside Chevy dropped in the weeds.

I also run at 8psi whenever I go out. The only reason I mentioned beadlocks was because if you were surrounded by snow in winter it may have been a type of wheeling you get into.

Anyone just remove their front sway bar? I haven my had mine connected int two months and it doesn’t bother me at all. Thinking I read it’s fine to remove them on a TJ, but can’t remember.
As long as you don't mind the extra sway while driving it shouldn't be an issue, which clearly you don't. My only concern would be in a situation like the moose test, especially if you allow the kids to drive it.

As long as you don't mind the extra sway while driving it shouldn't be an issue, which clearly you don't. My only concern would be in a situation like the moose test, especially if you allow the kids to drive it.
Allow the kids to drive it! Are you out of your mind???? 😬