You picked the wrong fire road dude.

It was like 30 miles long. I was like trying to get out of Fanghorn Forest! Hard to forget that day. Could have done it in a Celica!

Last edited:
It was crazy how vibration free the stock rig was. Even from the old days it’s been remarked that the Savvy MUA adds vibes. Nothing like the UCF Lo-Pro mount, but vibes nonetheless.

Very happy not to have the Brown Dogs though. That was ridiculous vibes.

Can’t wait to meet up. I’d love to drive your LJ.

Likewise. Gotta have @Wildman to get off his lazy butt and finish the “face lift”.

Kidding of course, Rick, hope your shoulder is better. 🤝

That is exactly how i characterize the next step for my tj if i decide to go there.

Hydro assist,5.38s,atlas,bbk,arb's,mid arm,etc......$$$😵‍💫

I’m going to try just the PSC steering box, pump, and reservoir.

Reactions: Rickyd
I know that story all to well. Stages made it a bit less painful.

You were spot on about the rocks. Everyone says "thats a badass jeep!do you do rock crawling?"

And I'll tell them i need to spend at least another 10k$. building something for rocks or not is the real dividing line.

You were spot on about the rocks. Everyone says "thats a badass jeep!do you do rock crawling?"

And I'll tell them i need to spend at least another 10k$. building something for rocks or not is the real dividing line.

Meh, you can do a lot on the rocks with 2.5"+1.25", 33's, stock gears, and your TCase shovel! I did it, and I think a guy named @lBasket did a whole lot of stuff in Moab on a pretty much stock rig!

Meh, you can do a lot on the rocks with 2.5"+1.25", 33's, stock gears, and your TCase shovel! I did it, and I think a guy named @lBasket did a whole lot of stuff in Moab on a pretty much stock rig!

You can.but rocks are unforgiving. Strength and control are the name of the game. I don't head straight for rock piles anymore.it makes my junk last longer

Reactions: lowranger
It was crazy how vibration free the stock rig was. Even from the old days it’s been remarked that the Savvy MUA adds vibes. Nothing like the UCF Lo-Pro mount, but vibes nonetheless.

Very happy not to have the Brown Dogs though. That was ridiculous vibes.

Can’t wait to meet up. I’d love to drive your LJ.

I had the ucf lo-pro and it did vib a lot. I'm running the GR tranny mount now and vibs are greatly reduced. I still believe the M.O.R.E. mounts vib no more than OEM.

Reactions: JMT