Advice on how to sell my Jeep

What is "all the rebuilt info" that you have? We can't help if we don't have ALL the info. So now there is a leak on the passenger side?
You imply that you (and whom ever) can’t be helpful without all the info, but again, theres nothing you can suggest that you havent suggested already that implies that I’m not fucked and that I’m not going to succeed at what it is I’m trying to accomplish. Soooo none of this matters, what matters is the things I’ve stated before about selling/marketing strategies. Because this is my goal, I’m painted as if I’m some sort of a snake for wanting to give someone this perfectly fine jeep which everyone in here paints as a piece of shit when it’s a great vehicle that I simply just don’t want anymore. I’ve been on this form a lot in the past months and I find that this forms community is heavily occupied by snobs who don’t care about unmolested TJ’s and share no love for a 2.5, or any restraint to the suggestion of parting one out.

I’m going to re-write my goal: I have to give my dealer $2200 to sell the car. The car I want is $5000. I have $600 max to put into this if I need too. So, how do I sell the Jeep, what do I sell it for, and how do I succeed?

If someone was thinking about buying a Jeep with a salvaged title it "does matter", they would want to know what was damaged and repaired. You don't want to tell us. Corner of front bumper still a little lower. Hummmmm? Sounds like frame damage to me and it's still not right. Good luck with the sale.
Well obviously I would show them dummy. Like I said I have the paperwork on the repair! How many times do I have to say this?

But what was repaired???
The right side of the car where the right bumper is! THERE WAS NO IMPORTANT FRAME DAMAGE.

D2116A9B-828D-4688-8846-2700FC2EB65A.jpeg

See the slight curvature? You are really wasting my time. Again, this has nothing to do with selling the vechicle we’re just pointing at my car at this point and having fun pointing out things. No one has came to look at the jeep yet for me to even be able to have an honest discussion on things that are wrong with the car

So your recommendation is to take it off as a salvage title and when I have a conversation with them in person or over the phone I tell them the reason why and show them the evidence on the vehicle... see I would consider that to be good advice for making a sell.

I would be completely honest about everything. I find that integrity and honesty you’re going to be more likely to make the sale. Lying and all that it’s just not my style.

Your either completely honest about everything THE WHOLE TIME or you're not completely honest at all.
Leaving out details to get a call may get you more than a call but it won't be a sale.

Honesty goes a long way.

Honestly, I saw this thread title last night and started out hoping for the best. I was even still hoping for that when I realized you were the owner that asked about fixing a hardtop leak but somehow knew better than to take advice.

Today after reading 2 1/2 pages I honestly don't care if you ever sell that Jeep for whatever you know (think) it's worth.

And good luck with that Miata. FWIW, I just did three different searches on Portland Craigslist and can't find it.

Your either completely honest about everything THE WHOLE TIME or you're not completely honest at all.
Leaving out details to get a call may get you more than a call but it won't be a sale.

Honesty goes a long way.

Honestly, I saw this thread title last night and started out hoping for the best. I was even still hoping for that when I realized you were the owner that asked about fixing a hardtop leak but somehow knew better than to take advice.

Today after reading 2 1/2 pages I honestly don't care if you ever sell that Jeep for whatever you know (think) it's worth.

And good luck with that Miata. FWIW, I just did three different searches on Portland Craigslist and can't find it.
If you’re referring to the miata I had the guy take it off because we made a deal. As for my car, see, that might be something important for selling, like key words for a post. I’m not leaving out details. Not going to write paragraphs about my car and have no one show up because I was too detailed. I wrote what I felt was the best qualitys about it. That’s how you sell. Got any suggestions? See, that might be helpful information. What on my post should I write in order to allure people to want to come see it/learn more. As for the hardtop leakage, you most likely gave bad advice there as well. Advice is nice when it’s good advice

The right side of the car where the right bumper is! THERE WAS NO IMPORTANT FRAME DAMAGE.

View attachment 134937

See the slight curvature? You are really wasting my time. Again, this has nothing to do with selling the vechicle we’re just pointing at my car at this point and having fun pointing out things. No one has came to look at the jeep yet for me to even be able to have an honest discussion on things that are wrong with the car
Now we're getting some where! No "important frame damage"!
Just as I thought.

Reactions: JMT
...because of the passenger side leak.

Rebuilt title and this new info...

And- you have all of the repair info but then you would have to drive to the mechanics to get it.

Something is still not right.

In the post below, you say that you won't tell them about the leak and earlier you were mentioning honesty and integrity. Hmmmm.

I was very interested initially but as the thread has dragged on, no thanks. I would not be sure of what I was getting at all.

Last edited:
Rebuilt title and this new info...
I’m not gonna tell a buyer it has a passenger side leak and text over the phone. They come and see it and I go over everything on the vehicle with all honesty to the best of my ability that’s how it works.

Ok, if you bought it with a salvage title, think why you did. Use that reasoning to appeal to someone else.
I bought it with a salvage title because it was $4000 with 15months of payments. Unfortunately I can’t do that in this situation. The only thing I can appeal to is that there was no important structural damage whatsoever and if they have any questions I can give them answers from the mechanic that did the repairs himself

I’m not gonna tell a buyer it has a passenger side leak and text over the phone. They come and see it and I go over everything on the vehicle with all honesty to the best of my ability that’s how it works.
Okay....so I'm a possible buyer...I drive 300 miles to look at your Jeep. Then you tell me it has a leak and a little frame damage. I would be "pissed"!

Reactions: JMT and reddvltj
Good advice I didnt see the typo. No, I would not harass your wife. I don’t know what a hellcat is either. A woman who knows how to drive a stick is hot and I don’t even know how to drive a stick. I have the carfax. I’m not near a busy location for parking it down the street unfortunately.

What about on the weekends, maybe find a local gas station, offer them $200 to park it at their shop with a for sale sign. Kind of have to get creative with your situation.

Dodge Challenger with a supercharged 6.2l. She gets crap from guys all the time, pure jealousy. This is what it looks like and our beloved leader @Chris knows how fun they are!

1579278601396.png

Okay....so I'm a possible buyer...I drive 300 miles to look at your Jeep. Then you tell me it has a leak and a little frame damage. I would be "pissed"!
The leak is mostly patched and I already disclosed the rebuilt status. I wouldn’t let a customer drive 300 miles without me having a private conversation with them over the phone about things the Jeep has/doesnt have. However it’s a slippery slope because if you tell them things like IT HAS A LEAK they’re less likely to drive over to take a look so it’s a double edge sword.

Reactions: skrelnik
What about on the weekends, maybe find a local gas station, offer them $200 to park it at their shop with a for sale sign. Kind of have to get creative with your situation.

Dodge Challenger with a supercharged 6.2l. She gets crap from guys all the time, pure jealousy. This is what it looks like and our beloved leader @Chris knows how fun they are!

View attachment 134942
What, no Demon? ;)
Lovely car!

The leak is mostly patched and I already disclosed the rebuilt status. I wouldn’t let a customer drive 300 miles without me having a private conversation with them over the phone about things the Jeep has/doesnt have. However it’s a slippery slope because if you tell them things like IT HAS A LEAK they’re less likely to drive over to take a look so it’s a double edge sword.
I didn't say anything about the rebuild status, I know you disclosed it, you just did want to say it was from frame damage. It took for ever to get that out of you, but you say it doesn't matter.

You said in your first post that there are other ones out there for more that have soft tops. Maybe sell the hardtop and find a good used soft top or install a frameless soft top. That's what I did on mine. The half doors would be more appealing with a soft top in my opinion.

Another thing I would do is to pull the CarFax report and see what it says about your Jeep.

I have bought and sold a 2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 that had a manufacturers buyback title. The issues with the truck were fixed by Chevrolet and I didn't have any issues selling that truck with full disclosure.

View attachment 134942
That is real nice...I only wish they would make this in a convertible!