California Anyone from SoCal willing to let me tag along as a passenger in their mid-arm built TJ on 35s?

Thanks for the explanation. That is infuriating to all except those selling the kit. When you actually build and fit, it makes sense to do the proper R&D BEFORE the release.
The R&D was done. The parts were done. The arms were done. The only thing left to do was write the instructions. But, Marty fucked around and wouldn't get here to help with the notes to finish them out and to verify that what I had was correct so far.

I am well aware of the instruction issue. That is specifically why I made that provision as part of the agreement to undertake the task of building the product. Also why when Marty violated it, I hit the delete button. If I don't have them, there is no temptation to help someone in need who then copies that and circulates it. I'm not going to be party to someone doing an end run around something that we agreed on. He already snagged one page from the instructions under the guise of doing an install at Savvy. Then it started showing up in emails he sent to owners who bought the kits. I fully regret sending him that page.

The R&D was done. The parts were done. The arms were done. The only thing left to do was write the instructions. But, Marty fucked around and wouldn't get here to help with the notes to finish them out and to verify that what I had was correct so far.

I am well aware of the instruction issue. That is specifically why I made that provision as part of the agreement to undertake the task of building the product. Also why when Marty violated it, I hit the delete button. If I don't have them, there is no temptation to help someone in need who then copies that and circulates it. I'm not going to be party to someone doing an end run around something that we agreed on. He already snagged one page from the instructions under the guise of doing an install at Savvy. Then it started showing up in emails he sent to owners who bought the kits. I fully regret sending him that page.
Yes, I have seen this single page I think. Has to do with corner and center. Nuff said. Too bad, this is not how business is supposed to go. Once integrity is gone, all else is subject to deceit and false info. Partnerships and agreements can get tricky. I have a business partner, I am also married to her. The only one I trust without question.

Last edited:
That’s interesting background, Blaine. I’ve only ever heard bits and pieces of this and could never understand the issue with the instructions. Thanks for taking the time to share the reasons.

Reactions: WSS
That’s interesting background, Blaine. I’ve only ever heard bits and pieces of this and could never understand the issue with the instructions. Thanks for taking the time to share the reasons.
That kit should not ever ship without them. I believe that enough that I made it a condition to do the kit. Did not go the way I wanted.

• Sad
Reactions: psrivats

Pretty crazy story, Blaine. I understand why you did what you did. What good is a person's promise if they aren't going to keep their word? Sadly, some people only learn the hard way (if ever). Is Marty still with Savvy? How was Gerald ok with all this? It's really a shame that this was allowed to happen.

One unintentional consequence of what transpired are the bad installs that happen when a customer takes the Savvy kit to a typical "off-road" shop and the bad name it gets due to them fucking up the installation and then saying "Savvy setup doesn't ride well".

Last edited:
So how exactly is this supposed to be installed properly if there is no way to guide you? I get that it’s a well thought out kit, but if the idea can’t be replicated and executed?

So how exactly is this supposed to be installed properly if there is no way to guide you? I get that it’s a well thought out kit, but if the idea can’t be replicated and executed?
There's enough of us around that care that it gets installed correctly that we help and answer questions.

I don’t have mid arm but I have Curries short arm 4” lift. Whenever you are in LA feel free to come on by. I know traffic is a bitch now a days.

Last edited:
Bummer to read that about the instructions, part of the reason I wanted this kit was because I thought it came with them.

Makes me second guess if i would want to tackle this project with my less then awesome fabrication skills. Lol.

Bummer to read that about the instructions, part of the reason I wanted this kit was because I thought it came with them.

Makes me second guess if i would want to tackle this project with my less then awesome fabrication skills. Lol.
4” Short arm Currie lift you can do. A lot of forum members have this set up.

You've been around long enough to know you're acting a lot dumber than you are. You're not dumb at all, you know that if you started the project with a post and request for assistance that folks would be tripping over themselves to show off how much they know and help you out. There's probably 10 builders on here that would not let you fuck up unless it was intentional on your part.

That and your excuse that one of the reasons you want the kit is because you thought it came with instructions? That's bullshit and you know it.

• Haha
Reactions: TRE3TOP and SvtLdr
4” Short arm Currie lift you can do. A lot of forum members have this set up.
I’ve had this setup for a while, it’s pretty good but i really would like some better climbing ability.

You've been around long enough to know you're acting a lot dumber than you are. You're not dumb at all, you know that if you started the project with a post and request for assistance that folks would be tripping over themselves to show off how much they know and help you out. There's probably 10 builders on here that would not let you fuck up unless it was intentional on your part.

That and your excuse that one of the reasons you want the kit is because you thought it came with instructions? That's bullshit and you know it.
Lol this is true, To be honest i just don’t really trust myself hacking into the frame for the associated outboard and welding everything in good.

I know there are a lot of resources but I did struggle with setting up my short arm initially that weren’t in any instructions. i figure this is much more in depth. It’s not off the table, it’s just more daunting for me for sure.