Are Metalcloak control arms any good?

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: D M
Enlighten me then oh all knowing one!!! Drop some JJ wisdom on all of the non-believers. Prove all the MC owners in the world are nothing but morons lead astray by their stupidity!!!
Again. You don't pay any attention. But that isn't why you are here.

Again. You don't pay any attention. But that isn't why you are here.
Your presumption that there is some ulterior motive to my post is ignorant, not to mention arrogant.

You kept asking why anyone would want to buy MC instead of Johnny Joint if they are similar in price and I spoke to what I was reading from those who shared their positive experiences with MC. Personal preference, level of maintenance required, customer testimonials...

That directly answered your question. You just like being argumentative with people who don't subscribe to your particular group think.

Will add this as a saving grace, or what ever to call it

After reading all the back and fourth, it finally hit me like a truck when i woke up this morning, it will be 3 years this October since i have serviced my MC joints. To be more exact, i have purchased MC control arms 3 years ago, installed and did jack shit about them.

In 3 years my Jeep has seen nearly entire Eastern half of US. More than a dozen water crossings through ocean floods and rivers. Mud, lots of it, as well as sitting in bottomless mud puddles, waiting for someone to drag me out. No rock crawling, unless rocks happen to be in the way. I am more of a adventure seeker/overlander, so my Jeep has experience plenty, but nothing specifically repetitively extreme and abusive.

Lately i have been fighting a losing battle with vibrations, and now i see that i have overlooked something very obvious - control arm joints. My axles are probably doing a little of wiggles as they like, and i am like a fool keep readjusting pinion up and down, and cant figure out why i get different result from each test drive i make.

I will be back to US sometime around Sep/Oct, take MC joints out and make another post if anyone is curious to see their condition.

You kept asking why anyone would want to buy MC instead of Johnny Joint if they are similar in price and I spoke to what I was reading from those who shared their positive experiences with MC. Personal preference, level of maintenance required, customer testimonials...

That directly answered your question. You just like being argumentative with people who don't subscribe to your particular group think.
even though im on the jj side, I still agree with that

Reactions: reddvltj
I was telling Mike I should do it when I was painting the armor. Now it'd be so much work given I'd need to paint the jeep then the corner armor, and all the doors.

But........ I'm not ruling it out. I remember in 2019 when @JMT and I were on elephant hill near moab staring at a blue jeep. Love that color.
Yeah, it’s Intense Blue. Someone on here has a build of that color. Once I saw it at Elephant Hill, it was always at the top for me. I found one for sale near me in March, but of course I was second in line and never got an opportunity to buy it. 😞 That would be an intense re-paint @Alex01 . Lots of work.

To the OP, I wanted MC arms because the joint doesn’t squeak and I don’t have time or desire to rebuild and maintain 16 JJ’s.

Last edited:
So the JJ can provide more flex correct? I think I remember reading that the zerk fitting was added just to shut up customers who wanted one, so the best way is to regularly service/grease (disassemble) them correct? How often (realistically) does this need to be done?
If it's not done regularly, what is the fallout, just squeaks or do the races dry up and get damaged?
This is the point that I cant get over: The faux grease zerks that don't do jack.

Admitted on this forum that Currie only added them as a marketing ploy. But that's absolutely acceptable with the group thinkers.

On the other hand any claim made by MC is considered to be fake or just marketing.

Lately i have been fighting a losing battle with vibrations, and now i see that i have overlooked something very obvious - control arm joints. My axles are probably doing a little of wiggles as they like, and i am like a fool keep readjusting pinion up and down, and cant figure out why i get different result from each test drive i make.
I'll be really interested in what you find.

When I saw this post inquiry I knew it was a can of worms that could create a pissing match. Sort of like, "what lift should I buy?"

Ultimately, it was an interesting read. Learned a few things and had me question others.

Cheers & Jeep on!

Last edited:
Who actually recommended it?

This is a never ending battle between Josh and Greg ;)

The fact that I went to bed, woke up, and somehow this thread is pages longer just shows that these threads don't last long before they derail.

Oh well, we all need a little drama, right? :LOL:

Last edited:
This is a never ending battle between Josh and Greg ;)

The fact that I went to bed, woke up, and somehow this thread is pages longer just shows that these threads don't last long before they derail.

Oh well, we all need a little drama, right? :LOL:
Gotta keep the lights on around here somehow.