Arizona Rock Crawler

I’m getting a fucking house!!!!!
View attachment 318116

Our offer got accepted this morning. This process has been really hard. Believe it or not, it took longer than finding new wheels for the Jeep 😂

Investors are buying everything out here for 40k over asking price. It makes it virtually impossible for young couples who are not cash heavy to get a house. We got very lucky in this situation, the house is owned by an old lady who loves her house. She took immaculate care of it. We wrote her a letter and she decided to turn down the higher offers from investors and sell the house to us because she wanted to see people move in who would love her house like she did. A very rare and fortunate circumstance that I am feeling very grateful for. Here’s to hoping everything closes smoothly.
Thats why we bought into a new development, everything we looked at went into a bidding war

Congrats! We went through a similar situation when we bought. An older widow who had lived there since the house was new, we wrote a letter and attached a picture of the family. She accepted our offer since she wanted another family to grow up in "her" house. We still call her "Saint Marion". 😂
That’s exactly our situation! Very lucky. Glad you guys got a home as well.

How far from the trailhead now?
This is the entrance to some of the best crawling in Arizona.
501A77DE-A02C-41B6-8986-C3164170EEF7.jpeg

Here is one of the best parts. My new house is in Pinal County. No emissions. No inspections. Time to do whatever I want 😂 My buddy with the really nice tube chassis buggy has it registered in this county with an XJ title and drives on the road all the time as an example of the freedom here.

Here is one of the best parts. My new house is in Pinal County. No emissions. No inspections. Time to do whatever I want 😂 My buddy with the really nice tube chassis buggy has it registered in this county with an XJ title and drives on the road all the time as an example of the freedom here.
HEck ya, congrats on the new garage! Finally a decent place to protect your real investment the jeep. :) First house is an amazing feeling, stoked you got it without selling your first born + 2 kidneys.

HEck ya, congrats on the new garage! Finally a decent place to protect your real investment the jeep. :) First house is an amazing feeling, stoked you got it without selling your first born + 2 kidneys.
First house mod will be a 220v in the garage 😎 I can finally weld at home

HAH! Yes, i actually mentioned in my cover letter to buy my current house how happy i was they had it wired for 220V.
Wow it's like you guys had to interview to buy a house. I just had to tell them what I wanted to pay and the house I'm in now wasn't for sale when my realtor knocked on their door to see if they'd sell it to me.

• Wow
Reactions: rasband and Wildman
Wow it's like you guys had to interview to buy a house. I just had to tell them what I wanted to pay and the house I'm in now wasn't for sale when my realtor knocked on their door to see if they'd sell it to me.
Shits wild out there right now. I’m glad I got in before it goes from bad to worse