Arizona Tow Pigging Daily Driver

Dump bed stuff is coming out
IMG_3419.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

Plus it has some steel that I can steal for a hitch spacer washer thingy
IMG_3421.jpeg

So here was the rear bumper mounting situation before. It was way too low and being held on with one bolt lol. That whole thing was janky due to the dump bed.
IMG_2142.jpeg
heres the only good picture I have of the way it was mounted before. Too low and too far out.
IMG_3345.jpeg

All I did was cut off the tab at the top and take a piece of 1/4” flat bar scrap I had and made a bracket. This is all the original stock bracket is. Just a straight piece that attaches to the frame with 2 bolts just like this. They have some weird non original bracket on this bumper. I’ll had washers and paint later
IMG_3441.jpeg

IMG_3440.jpeg

IMG_3443.jpeg

It’s no show truck but it’ll work. I’m never getting a vehicle with PO modifications again. I always look at it like “yeah I could fix that. And I can, but it’s always a pain in the ass 😂

You need to go to a wrecking yard and find a stock setup. Please take the ball off that bumper til you do

This is a temporary fix to at least drive it legally. I’ll make my way to a wrecking yard eventually but I have a long list and just need to get it driveable for my drive out to San Diego this weekend. The ball on the bumper is decorative at this point because I have a full tow hitch receiver so I’m not sure what the harm is?

This is a temporary fix to at least drive it legally. I’ll make my way to a wrecking yard eventually but I have a long list and just need to get it driveable for my drive out to San Diego this weekend. The ball on the bumper is decorative at this point because I have a full tow hitch receiver so I’m not sure what the harm is?

I just mean that you shouldn't tow anything with that setup,or do anything but step on it. Factory uses straight and angle brackets if i remember right

I just mean that you shouldn't tow anything with that setup,or do anything but step on it. Factory uses straight and angle brackets if i remember right

Yeah that’s all it’s there for at this point. Stepping on and holding the license plate. I have one of the angled brackets but not the other side. I looked on ebay and people are selling the stock brackets for like $150 🤢

Yeah that’s all it’s there for at this point. Stepping on and holding the license plate. I have one of the angled brackets but not the other side. I looked on ebay and people are selling the stock brackets for like $150 🤢

I’m hoping I can just find a better bumper on FB at some point. They seem like they always have the brackets still on the bumper

Steering was feeling wandery. Go under and look at everything and just put my hand on the adjusting sleeve for the tie rod and it was super fucking loose. Same for the drag link. So the alignment guy never tightened them back up. I hate paying people to fuck up my shit