Arizona Tow Pigging Daily Driver

She’s legal for nighttime use now
IMG_3495.jpeg

Patina is big. Leave it alone and be invisible with the other 25,000 old white landscape trucks in the valley. Nice revival.
Did you just call my truck a landscape truck? 😂 realistically I’ll just paint the new bed to match the cab.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeE024
What’s the AZ historic plate story? Vehicle age limits? Cost difference or use restrictions?
Looks cool.

Essentially if it’s 25 years or older then you can get a historic vehicle plate. I’m not sure what all privileges you get vs a typical plate though. They do look really neat.

Reactions: Woodrow
Essentially if it’s 25 years or older then you can get a historic vehicle plate. I’m not sure what all privileges you get vs a typical plate though. They do look really neat.

I believe one perk is you don’t need to get emissions tested. Initial cost is $25 and annual renewal is $10.

EDIT: may or may not be true about emissions, couldn’t find a concrete answer.

Last edited:
I believe one perk is you don’t need to get emissions tested. Initial cost is $25 and annual renewal is $10.

EDIT: may or may not be true about emissions, couldn’t find a concrete answer.

You have to pay a collectors insurance if you opt out of emissions but yeah that’s true

Reactions: nk24
Honestly not the worst thing to bring it back to the alignment shop. I want to have them add some caster. The truck is following ruts way worse than my TJ does. He added 3* caster on this which is the low range of the spec which is 2-6 I think. I’d like to try the high range and see how that does. No front driveshaft means dial in all the caster 😈

Copper plates have zero restrictions other than 25 years old, and provide no benefits other than looking good. The emissions exemption requires classic/limited-use insurance, which doesn't require any specific plate type.

Copper plates have zero restrictions other than 25 years old, and provide no benefits other than looking good. The emissions exemption requires classic/limited-use insurance, which doesn't require any specific plate type.

But they do look good though 😎

Reactions: Woodrow
Changed the oil and I see where the leak from the plug was coming from. Looks like there used to be a gasket there and they didn’t bother with one last time 😂
IMG_3511.jpeg

Got a can of Duplicolor touch up paint for my paint code to test the match and it is dead on. At $9 a can I will use this as the base and get some Eastwood 2k clear
IMG_3542.jpeg

Also I’ve changed plans on painting the bed… Rattle cans will add up too fast painting a whole bed so instead I’m thinking I will get a get a gun and do a single stage white paint that I get matched at the local auto paint store. The existing paint is decent enough that I’ll paint over that.

General plan…
-Sand
-Body work
-Get a rattle can of self etching primer and hit any bare metal spots
- spray on a good urethane primer
- sand
- spray a urethane single stage paint

If anyone has any painting advice or input I welcome it. This will be my first paint job. Keep in mind this is still a beater truck, but I do want the paint job to look like it belongs and be durable.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Huge thanks to @Nickgsjeep . I found this set of oem Alcoa wheels and tires on marketplace in San Diego. Nick kindly picked them up for me and I was finally able to come out and grab them in conjunction with a pole vault competition I have out here.
View attachment 531470

Nice score! I saw a set locally here I was going to post, but logistically, I figured it would have more of a tease than a help. The guy was also asking WAY more than I thought he should be.

Reactions: starkey480
Nice score! I saw a set locally here I was going to post, but logistically, I figured it would have more of a tease than a help. The guy was also asking WAY more than I thought he should be.

Everyone that’s posts these wheels is asking way more than they should. Buying these refurbished online would cost me more than my beadlocks. It’s one of those things where everyone gets trucks new and then gets some silly aftermarket wheels and bumpers and toss out the stock stuff. Then 20 years later everyone is willing to pay up the ass for the long lost stock stuff lol. These were still more expensive than they should have been but considering they came with the tires I want with less than 1k miles on them I couldn’t pass it up. Imo wheels make or break a vehicle so I was willing to splurge on these.