Arizona Tow Pigging Daily Driver

I removed my hitch receiver to get better access to the leaf bushings. Upon removing I see it is missing one of these spacers. They go above the frame like pictured below. Are they just to beef up the strength of the frame where the bolts mount? I’m trying to find another one exactly like it and can’t find an exact match but I can find close. View attachment 529232View attachment 529233

Looks like it's being used as a thick washer, but likely a round washer can't fit in that position, hence the shape.

Reactions: Tob and NashvilleTJ
Got the truck back and she’s good as new. My alignment guy said he was shocked how perfect he was able to get every spec considering how old she is. That made all my bushing woes worth it.

IMG_3339.jpeg

The truck was missing speakers. As soon as I got home I installed the speakers that arrived while the truck was getting aligned. Got some 6.5” Polk DB whatever they are speakers for the doors as a Jerry tribute but mostly because they are cheap. Got some kicker 6x8s for the rear. Also because cheap. Right now they are just powered by whatever JVC headunit the PO left in there was. Sounds okay. I forgot how much shittier sound is without a crossover and a sub to separate lows mids and highs but it’ll do for now for the budget pig.

Reactions: Wildman and rasband
My alignment guy said he was shocked how perfect he was able to get every spec considering how old

Psshhh,he probably drives a newer honda. Gotta bounce the heck out of the ibeam fords. And sometimes roll them back and forth to settle them. Time comsuming but not difficult to align.

• Haha
Reactions: starkey480
@Mike_H i might pick up that paint gun sooner than I thought. My bed in this truck had a really shitty floor. Badly repaired holes, dents, and the bed floor is wavy which you can’t really see in the pic.
IMG_3352.jpeg

So I picked up a new bed off marketplace for $300
IMG_3349.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

I originally went because I thought it was the same color. Turned out it is not. But I’m going to paint my tailgate anyways so might as well paint this too.

@Mike_H i might pick up that paint gun sooner than I thought. My bed in this truck had a really shitty floor. Badly repaired holes, dents, and the bed floor is wavy which you can’t really see in the pic.
View attachment 529588
So I picked up a new bed off marketplace for $300
View attachment 529589
View attachment 529590
I originally went because I thought it was the same color. Turned out it is not. But I’m going to paint my tailgate anyways so might as well paint this too.

Now you're going to need a 2nd gas tank. 😉 I can see where this build is going!

IMG_3404.jpeg
IMG_3405.jpeg
IMG_3406.jpeg
IMG_3407.jpeg
IMG_3408.jpeg

Easier solution is just take it to line-X, or is it beyond even that?

Beyond that. Hard to see but the torque boxes are all pressed up through the bed from the dump bed I think. Lots of shitty repairs. I’d like a nice smooth floor to be able to slide stuff in and out of and this new bed has a nice floor in it. With pretty minimal dents.

New one is in good condition. Some minor dents here and there but I’m not super worried about that. I may try my hand at fixing them but at the end of the day, I just want the utility of a nice bed floor and I want it it to at least match the rest of the truck. I’m not experienced with auto paint at all, but I’m decent with a rattle can. My dad has a giant compressor I can use to spray it with an actual gun and we’ve got a good local store that color matches paint. I also am thinking white is probably a more forgiving color to work with than most
IMG_3410.jpeg
IMG_3409.jpeg

New one is in good condition. Some minor dents here and there but I’m not super worried about that. I may try my hand at fixing them but at the end of the day, I just want the utility of a nice bed floor and I want it it to at least match the rest of the truck. I’m not experienced with auto paint at all, but I’m decent with a rattle can. My dad has a giant compressor I can use to spray it with an actual gun and we’ve got a good local store that color matches paint. I also am thinking white is probably a more forgiving color to work with than most View attachment 529646View attachment 529647

You'll be fine. $300 + paint and your labor isn't too big an investment that will vastly improve the pig.

You'll be fine. $300 + paint and your labor isn't too big an investment that will vastly improve the pig.

Yep. I think the pig will be happy and honestly improve the resale value. That bed was ugly and when I bought the truck I knew I would just replace the bed at some point when a clean one popped up. There’s been a lot pop up for $600-900 and that was too painful for me. $300 was very stomachable.

The story about this bed. I find it on marketplace. I pull up at 9pm to the guys house to look at it. I’m in the absolute ghetto. Guy walks out of the house with no shirt on and a pistol stuffed in his front waistband. He takes me around the corner of his side yard wall and there’s like 5 other guys all open carrying. This was definitely a crack den or something. I was extremely nervous but I stayed friendly. They ended up being really nice and helped me load it and gave me straps. I wasn’t planning on taking it home that night so I didn’t have anything. When I got home I even got a text from them wanting to make sure I made it home safe and sound 😂

Yep. I think the pig will be happy and honestly improve the resale value. That bed was ugly and when I bought the truck I knew I would just replace the bed at some point when a clean one popped up. There’s been a lot pop up for $600-900 and that was too painful for me. $300 was very stomachable.

The story about this bed. I find it on marketplace. I pull up at 9pm to the guys house to look at it. I’m in the absolute ghetto. Guy walks out of the house with no shirt on and a pistol stuffed in his front waistband. He takes me around the corner of his side yard wall and there’s like 5 other guys all open carrying. This was definitely a crack den or something. I was extremely nervous but I stayed friendly. They ended up being really nice and helped me load it and gave me straps. I wasn’t planning on taking it home that night so I didn’t have anything. When I got home I even got a text from them wanting to make sure I made it home safe and sound 😂

Yeah... I'd definitely recommend straching any vins off that... asap... 🤣