Barbara Sylvanas do it all build

Excuse me sir but Barbara would like a little respect. She only goes by Bab's once you have seen her topless. As far as your questions are concerned she is still an all natural Jeep 4.0L V6 Sport, Dana 30/Dana 35 3.73 gear ratio, and pure 4x4 American made glory. She has yet to be broken in off-road. I will admit I am a little confused by the references. Barbara and I have only been together about 3 weeks now and I'm still not fluent in Jeep.

Yeah..ok but which tranny does she have? Do you know who Jane Fonda is?

6C923366-E9A2-405B-B56B-580B1DE015D7.jpeg

We can tell the relationship is new by your reference to her being a V6. She's an I-6. Just be glad it was us that caught you in this little mistake, and not her!;)

I uh... Ummm... I don't know what you are referring to it says I-6... Umm yeah weird. Maybe something's up with the server... Yea it's gotta be that

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
I do know who Jane Fonda is. And she is an automatic 3 speed 30RH I believe. Sadly... I never learned to drive stick but I do intend to.

32RH I just saw she’s a 2001, i was trying to picture your build goals of Rock crawling and Overlanding. If you had the 42RLE a Rubicrawler would make that much easier to do with 4.56’s and be more highway friendly for long trips

32RH I just saw she’s a 2001, i was trying to picture your build goals of Rock crawling and Overlanding. If you had the 42RLE a Rubicrawler would make that much easier to do with 4.56’s and be more highway friendly for long trips

Damn... I was close at least. Yea when I bought her it was kind of an impulse decision. I only put in enough effort to make sure I was getting a Jeep in good condition that I could use as a daily for now and build as I go. I would say if I could go back and make a different choice I would but I am extremely happy with Barbara and don't think I would change anything if I could. But I will probably get another Jeep in the future and will definitely put more thought into it with what I know now

Reactions: Squatch and JMT
Damn... I was close at least. Yea when I bought her it was kind of an impulse decision. I only put in enough effort to make sure I was getting a Jeep in good condition that I could use as a daily for now and build as I go. I would say if I could go back and make a different choice I would but I am extremely happy with Barbara and don't think I would change anything if I could. But I will probably get another Jeep in the future and will definitely put more thought into it with what I know now

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to break you two kids up, I’m just looking at your options for doing both things. Rock crawling is much easier to do with high final drive ratios but driving down the highway you want lower ratios.

Reactions: Classic>New
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to break you two kids up, I’m just looking at your options for doing both things. Rock crawling is much easier to do with high final drive ratios but driving down the highway you want lower ratios.

Oh I didn't take it that way. I mean the plan was to do 4.88 but I have also seen that 4.56 could potentially be an option. I don't remember where I read it but from what I recall 4.1 was too low. Then again I am not entirely sure about that.

Are you planning a trip next year again? I'm heading out, probably about this time next year. Be nice if it works out.

That is my goal. It all depends on how my work schedule lines up. It would be cool if it works out.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Oh I didn't take it that way. I mean the plan was to do 4.88 but I have also seen that 4.56 could potentially be an option. I don't remember where I read it but from what I recall 4.1 was too low. Then again I am not entirely sure about that.

That is my goal. It all depends on how my work schedule lines up. It would be cool if it works out.

That’s why I was curious about your tranny, the 32RH 3 speed is one of the most proven workhorse automatics there is but the 42RE in a Rubicon will accept a crawl box which effectively gives you more compounding options. You get 1:1, 2.72:1, and 4:1 or a combination that compounded comes out to 10.88:1, allowing you to run a more highway friendly gear ratio.

Last edited:
That’s why I was curious about your tranny, the 32RH 3 speed is one of the most proven workhorse automatics there is but the 42RE in a Rubicon will accept a crawl box which effectively gives you more compounding options. You get 1:1, 2.72:1, and 4:1 or a combination that compounded comes out to 10.88:1, allowing you to run a more highway friendly gear ratio.

Got ya. I did a little reading about maybe upgrading to a 42RE but it seems like it is way more trouble than it's worth. Plus I keep seeing good things about the 32 RH 3 speed so I deemed it not worth it. That's really cool though concerning the compounding options. I didn't know that was how it worked.

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
Got ya. I did a little reading about maybe upgrading to a 42RE but it seems like it is way more trouble than it's worth. Plus I keep seeing good things about the 32 RH 3 speed so I deemed it not worth it. That's really cool though concerning the compounding options. I didn't know that was how it worked.

You have a good transmission. Once you get the axles geared for the tires you will be in good shape.

Grimmjeeper.com will tell you what you need to know.