Best SYE for future tummy tuck

So I just got done doing a tummy tuck. I have tow zone 4.25 combo lift. Earlier in the build I did the savvy transfer case cable upgrade, I also did full adjustable Currie arms so I had my self set up to do the tuck. What finally made me pull the trigger was someone that I wheel with put a atlas in his Jeep and had to get new driveshafts. So I purchased his old t case with his sye kit and his rear driveshaft. Ended up making my own skid and low profile trans mount. Got the exhaust to barely fit with no modifications but the hangers. Modified the track bar relocation bracket for when I rolled the axle . Then I cut the spring buckets to clear the rear shocks. With all that I got the tuck done for 300 bucks.
Nice!

Yes....I have swapped mine into my XJ (3 wires and the shifter hooked up just like factory speedo was perfect) and now into my LJ (same wires and bolted right in...some said it would not fit with the semi tucked full traction belly pan but they were wrong no hammering the tub at all fit perfect)

Not quite. The 241 uses a tone ring and hall sensor. It will still need calibrated with a device like the speedo healer if gearing and tire size change.

Not quite. The 241 uses a tone ring and hall sensor. It will still need calibrated with a device like the speedo healer if gearing and tire size change.
Of course with any change in tires or ring and pinion you have to correct the speedo just like a stock jeep going to 33s etc....I was just saying the speedo works like factory no changes unless you want to correct for tire size...I just subtract 12-15 mph :p

So for the op. Instead of doing the 4 inch lift, look at the zone 4.25 combo lift. I would go this route because u will get the body lift and motor mount lift required to do the job. Also you can drive like this for a while till u get the money to do the sye driveshaft and tuck, u can clear 33’inch tires like this. This is what I did. I got 33s on some cheap steel wheels. I’m going to run these till there’s no tread left.
I rebuilt the axles to be strong enough to stand up to 35’s with the tallest gear I could put in the axle (5.13)
Later when I go to 35’s I’ll buy some alloy wheels.
I’m on the fence when I switch to 35’s if I want to go with 4 inch springs instead of the 3 or do high line fenders. This is the build route I took because it was the best way I could find from going stock to 33 inch tires, to doing a tuck, then to going to 35’s without having to buy the same parts twice

Reactions: D M
So for the op. Instead of doing the 4 inch lift, look at the zone 4.25 combo lift. I would go this route because u will get the body lift and motor mount lift required to do the job. Also you can drive like this for a while till u get the money to do the sye driveshaft and tuck, u can clear 33’inch tires like this. This is what I did. I got 33s on some cheap steel wheels. I’m going to run these till there’s no tread left.
I rebuilt the axles to be strong enough to stand up to 35’s with the tallest gear I could put in the axle (5.13)
Later when I go to 35’s I’ll buy some alloy wheels.
I’m on the fence when I switch to 35’s if I want to go with 4 inch springs instead of the 3 or do high line fenders. This is the build route I took because it was the best way I could find from going stock to 33 inch tires, to doing a tuck, then to going to 35’s without having to buy the same parts twice
So my plan is the 4in zone, then when I'm ready to tummy tuck I'll get savvy 1in bl and mml, I thought about the zone 4.25 but I wanted 4in of suspension and I think I want new motor mounts and not just spacers.

to answer your question, the best SYE for a future tuck that I'm aware of is the JB Conversions super short.

I just installed one, my driveshaft is supposed to be delivered today from Tom Wood.

It's short enough that it doesn't have room for a speedometer gear and instead comes with a tone ring and speed sensor. You'll need the BlueMonkey speedohealer to correct the speedometer reading, which you would also need if you got a 241 out of a Rubicon.

So in the end it'll cost you about $250 more than a standard SYE, but if you want to do a tummy tuck later on, buy once cry once.View attachment 141346
Think I'm going with this, thanks for the recommendation, link to what else you needed for the speed sensor? Anything else you did when you put this in?

So my plan is the 4in zone, then when I'm ready to tummy tuck I'll get savvy 1in bl and mml, I thought about the zone 4.25 but I wanted 4in of suspension and I think I want new motor mounts and not just spacers.
Most recommend spacers and factory mounts including Savvy

Reactions: jjvw
That’s understandable. You can definitely get better parts than what comes in this kit. I have no issues with the parts that came In the combo lift. When I built this Jeep I was working on keeping the cost down as much as possible that’s why the combo lift worked well for me

Think I'm going with this, thanks for the recommendation, link to what else you needed for the speed sensor? Anything else you did when you put this in?

So fortunately for me (unfortunately for you) I bought mine from Blue Monkey, which included the harness to make it completely plug n play but it appears they are no longer in business.

The actual device is called a Speedohealer made by a company called Healtech. You can still get the device on ebay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303478361327

But you'll have to wire it in on your own.

I also put in a new transfer case chain while I had it apart, and replaced the input and front output seals, the oil pump o-ring and filter screen.

And then there was all the rear suspension stuff to get the pinion pointed correctly - Savvy aluminum adjustable upper control arms and a JKS angled track bar bracket.

My transfer case shift linkage was jacked up and I got tired of messing with it so I made an impulse purchase of a savvy cable shifter. Totally unnecessary since I'm still on a stock skidplate but when I go for the tummy tuck, it'll already be done and I won't have to touch it.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
So fortunately for me (unfortunately for you) I bought mine from Blue Monkey, which included the harness to make it completely plug n play but it appears they are no longer in business.

The actual device is called a Speedohealer made by a company called Healtech. You can still get the device on ebay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303478361327

But you'll have to wire it in on your own.

I also put in a new transfer case chain while I had it apart, and replaced the input and front output seals, the oil pump o-ring and filter screen.

And then there was all the rear suspension stuff to get the pinion pointed correctly - Savvy aluminum adjustable upper control arms and a JKS angled track bar bracket.

My transfer case shift linkage was jacked up and I got tired of messing with it so I made an impulse purchase of a savvy cable shifter. Totally unnecessary since I'm still on a stock skidplate but when I go for the tummy tuck, it'll already be done and I won't have to touch it.
I think you can still get the jeep specific speedohealer here

https://www.polyperformance.com/hea...wrangler-04-06-tj-98-01-cherokee-xj-shv4a-j01

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I forgot all about the trackbar bracket, I just tried ordering the SYE and they are out of stock! Hopefully I'll find out when there back in soon

Not totally unnecessary when your factory linkage falls apart at the offroad park. Good thing for cable ties.

to answer your question, the best SYE for a future tuck that I'm aware of is the JB Conversions super short.

I just installed one, my driveshaft is supposed to be delivered today from Tom Wood.

It's short enough that it doesn't have room for a speedometer gear and instead comes with a tone ring and speed sensor. You'll need the BlueMonkey speedohealer to correct the speedometer reading, which you would also need if you got a 241 out of a Rubicon.

So in the end it'll cost you about $250 more than a standard SYE, but if you want to do a tummy tuck later on, buy once cry once.View attachment 141346
I thought you didnt need a speedo healer with the jb conversions ss sye? I thought it automatically fixed the speedo for you

From what i'm seeing, both Savvy and Tom Woods offer the Teraflex super-short kit on their website, which is the SYE I've had my eye on. I understand the issues regarding Teraflex's 4:1 kit, but are there any known issues specifically with their super-short SYE?

I thought you didnt need a speedo healer with the jb conversions ss sye? I thought it automatically fixed the speedo for you

it plugs in from a wiring standpoint but the reading won't be right unless you just happen to have the exact tire size and gear ratio to make it right.

From what i'm seeing, both Savvy and Tom Woods offer the Teraflex super-short kit on their website, which is the SYE I've had my eye on. I understand the issues regarding Teraflex's 4:1 kit, but are there any known issues specifically with their super-short SYE?

I don't know of any specific issues with their SYE, but Savvy being willing to sell it holds a lot of weight with me.

I don't know of any specific issues with their SYE, but Savvy being willing to sell it holds a lot of weight with me.
Mine installed with no issues. There’s a good install video on YouTube from Teraflex. There’s not much too them to create problems housing, seals, bearings and a shaft.

Just by eyeballing it, the JB conversions is shorter than teraflex (longer driveshaft). Plus the JB is only $299, plus factor in the cost (anywhere from $50 to 140) for a speedo healer. I still vote for JB

I forgot all about the trackbar bracket, I just tried ordering the SYE and they are out of stock! Hopefully I'll find out when there back in soon
Idk what the track bar relocation bracket looks like in the zone 4 inch kit, but here’s the one from the 4.25. I just cut it and modified it.

image.jpg

3EA77D82-451A-4939-8D63-125B279DBF7F.jpeg

4AE7CDD3-B276-4514-A8A3-E708C7280614.jpeg

3ABEEFC9-ADF7-4998-8E99-0CE92DEC1F37.jpeg

E66911FB-B995-468B-8934-36935D029BE3.jpeg