Best SYE for future tummy tuck

Do Savvy lowers shorten more than Metalcloak? That would help in several areas.

Do Savvy lowers shorten more than Metalcloak? That would help in several areas.

Savvy's shorten to 15.5 I believe, metalcloak might be a touch shorter if I remember correctly. But, as we all know, arm length is just a byproduct of what matters ;) Whatever lengths work, is what it is

Savvy's shorten to 15.5 I believe, metalcloak might be a touch shorter if I remember correctly. But, as we all know, arm length is just a byproduct of what matters ;) Whatever lengths work, is what it is
From metalcloak’s instructions

70798F99-0C7B-4E1B-B5FB-7B17345284AD.png

Reactions: jjvw and tworley
Question: Im looking at possibly going to a TT w/ 2.5 OME lift is a SSYE still preferred? My goal is 33-35's daily driven. I'm up in the air about the TT. due to cost vs benefit.

I would say an SS SYE is always preferred, TT or not. The only downside is having to reconfigure the speedo but that is easily fixed with a blue monkey speedo healer. For running 35's with a TT, I would get a SS SYE since you will likely end up running 4" springs to fit the 35's with an appropriate amount of uptravel.

You could get away with a regular SYE with a 2.5" lift and a TT, but there is no downside to getting the super short and it will reduce your rear driveline angle.

I would say an SS SYE is always preferred, TT or not. The only downside is having to reconfigure the speedo but that is easily fixed with a blue monkey speedo healer. For running 35's with a TT, I would get a SS SYE since you will likely end up running 4" springs to fit the 35's with an appropriate amount of uptravel.

You could get away with a regular SYE with a 2.5" lift and a TT, but there is no downside to getting the super short and it will reduce your rear driveline angle.
An Atlas II makes a good sye as well, cuts a good few inches off a factory trans. Only drawback is its slightly expensive but has the added benefit of 4.3:1 low range.

Reactions: Alex01

35's are a few years away, My plan is 2.5 coils, w/ 1.25 body lift, maybe some better fenders.

35's are a few years away, My plan is 2.5 coils, w/ 1.25 body lift, maybe some better fenders.

There isn’t really much of a difference then. I replaced my advanced adapters SYE with a super short when I went to 35’s and a tummy tuck. But if you don’t plan on doing that just get whatever.

2.5” + 1.25” lift on 35’s won’t be amazing. I run 3”+ 1.25” and my 4” coils arrived in the mail today. Want more uptravel. 2.5” wont work as well as 4”, but the tires will fit technically.

My head spun a little going through this thread. It got way off topic. The original question was what SYE to go with for a future tummy tuck. The OP identified he was going to install a zone 4" lift. For those that aren't familiar with the Zone lift, if comes with fixed lowers and uses the stock uppers. The OP would have no need for any SYE SS or not at this point.

My head spun a little going through this thread. It got way off topic. The original question was what SYE to go with for a future tummy tuck. The OP identified he was going to install a zone 4" lift. For those that aren't familiar with the Zone lift, if comes with fixed lowers and uses the stock uppers. The OP would have no need for any SYE SS or not at this point.

Hi! :)