Bronco vs. Wrangler

Noticed a little detail on one of the Broncos that was at the Motortrend release day.

appears that the Bronco may have a much better axle housing offered over the Wrangler.

A Ford 9 inch peeks from under the rear of the new Bronco.. :cool:

83D93C18-B5F2-409D-A4DF-D6DBDC765C5C.jpeg
174A13DB-C28F-4AD0-9EFA-A455D0A1E59A.jpeg
1307E323-C8F9-46C2-A064-5D1F0C2234F5.jpeg
22DACB2C-16E0-4FFF-A2F6-5D33DC0A2FA9.jpeg

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
Love my two Tj"s . one bitch about FIAT, Italian owned. At least Ford is American
You say that like it’s a bad thing. The Italians are the ones who took Jeep to the next level. Why do you think Ford all the sudden needed to bring back their Bronco? I believe it’s because they realize the American people love what the Italians are doing. They are the only brand (Fiat) doing some of the most American things with their carlines; adding horsepower, and lots of it.

Fiats Demons, Hellcats, Redeyes, 1320s all scream Americana with their massaive amounts of horsepower do they not?

Their SRT 8 Cherokee, the Trackhawk, with the later having a 707 horsepower supercharged engine..with a Jeep badge, not American enough?

And now as of 2021, Jeep Wrangler with the V8 option...its what Americans have been wanting since the Wrangler was released back at the tail end of the 80’s and it took Fiat to do it.

It took an Italian owner to do all this...I’d say they see the value in the American brand and what American consumers want more so than when Jeep was American owned. Rememeber the JK? 😂

Reactions: Starrs
all I am saying is I try to buy American products whenever I can. Yes the jeep is manufactured here but Your bucks are still leaving the USA and off to Italy. Like I said, love my jeeps but I would never in 10,000 years buy a new JL for that reason over the new Bronco...

Love my two Tj"s . one bitch about FIAT, Italian owned. At least Ford is American
A lot of these American companies like Ford, GM, etc, the only thing American about them is who owns them and where the CEOs park their helicopters. Everything else is usually "globally sourced". I think for several years the Toyota Camry was the car with the highest amount of American content.

Reactions: A. Paul and Chris
A lot of these American companies like Ford, GM, etc, the only thing American about them is who owns them and where the CEOs park their helicopters. Everything else is usually "globally sourced". I think for several years the Toyota Camry was the car with the highest amount of American content.
Correct, Jeep still holds (2019) the number one position on domestic parts used in assembly. Ford F150 used to be built with the most domestic parts, I dont think they are even in the top 10 since they starting using more and more global parts to piece together their F150.

all I am saying is I try to buy American products whenever I can. Yes the jeep is manufactured here but Your bucks are still leaving the USA and off to Italy. Like I said, love my jeeps but I would never in 10,000 years buy a new JL for that reason over the new Bronco...
So you would rather give your money to the rich CEO’s that outsources more parts and jobs and hides safety issues for bigger profits then a vehicle that uses more domestic made parts and provides more jobs in the us? That makes no sense. You need to look up how many domestic parts are used not where the ceo lives. Wranglers use one of the biggest percentages of domestic made parts of any vehicle. The only exception to this would be a Chinese owned company because well yea I don’t trust them right now.

And for several years it was also the Wrangler as well, the JK I believe. It changes all the time.

The idea that buying a new Wrangler is somehow putting more money into some Italians pocket is just completely stupid.

I’ll also add that FCA is the one who revived the Wrangler and turned it into a global phenomenon, a category all of its own. In fact, if the Wrangler hadn’t been as successful as it is, Ford wouldn’t even be coming out with a new Bronco.

So Italian or not, we should be thanking FCA for continuing to keep the Wrangler alive.

Also worth mentioning, a vehicle is a purchase, an expense not an investment as some might think. However, over a 5 year period, the new Wranglers lose around 30% off the average cost paid by new Wrangler owners, which equates to about a $12,000 loss over 5 years. Every other manufactures models loses more over the same 5 year period.

Looking at it strictly from a financial point, its the best way to spend your money if buying a new suv. A new Jeep Wrangler retains more of its value over 5 years than any other car/truck/suv out there.

Source:
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/19/depreciation-best-worst-resale-value/

Interesting discussion y'all got going on here. None of the new stuff effects me as I don't support the car companies by buying new. Every vehicle I have bought, I bought with cash. That money went to a private American seller.

It's cool though what is going on. Who would have thought back in the 80's, a vehicle with 700+ HP could be bought new at a dealership ? Awesome.

Some vehicles are available with 4 digit torque numbers off the lot now.
Dodge Ram 3500 1000lb/ft of torque.
You aren’t wrong.

I have a GTO in garage back home. I’ve often thought about going a full Resto on it. Or going crazy with a resto mod and a supercharged LSA. Will see what is in the cards when the time comes to start that project.

Reactions: Apparition
  • Wow
Reactions: NDSpeed
But no where near that from off the lot. The Jeep Wrangler 392 makes more horsepower and torque than the 7.3 liter Ford.
I think Ford is holding it back since it’s a fleet engine. I’d like to see it in the Raptor and uncorked.

“While testing at Merkel Racing Engines' dyno in Hauppauge, New York, the crew ran a naturally aspirated version of the 7.3-liter with an upgraded throttle body and OBR MAP calibration. The result was 540 hp, which is a healthy increase over the pushrod lump's factory-rated figure of 430 hp. Once a baseline was established, it was time to fabricate the forced induction setup.”