Bronco vs. Wrangler

that's not a real Bronco though, it's a Bronco Sport which is about as much like a real Bronco as a KL Cherokee is like a Wrangler.
Next you're going to tell me that a Mustang Mach E isn't a real mustang.

Ford is really bad lately at using the Flagships name to promote a fundamentally different vechile.

Reactions: 1o1proof

Ford is really bad lately at using the Flagships name to promote a fundamentally different vechile.
It's because they are splitting them off as brands. They want to have a Mustang dealer and a Bronco dealer, like they used to have Mercury dealers.

I don't agree with it but that's what they've said.

Reactions: Alex01
It's because they are splitting them off as brands. They want to have a Mustang dealer and a Bronco dealer, like they used to have Mercury dealers.

That is interesting. I would have thought ford would prefer a Tesla-like model and decrease its dealer network. Not to increase it.

Reactions: Apparition
That is interesting. I would have thought ford would prefer a Tesla-like model and decrease its dealer network. Not to increase it.
That would make sense to me too especially since right now they are focused on custom orders and retail builds.

Reactions: Alex01

they had some weird naming adventures about 15 years ago, too. Like when they tried to make all their car names start with an F and came out with the Freestyle and renamed the Taurus as the Five Hundred, then like a year later they went back to Taurus and the Freestyle became the Taurus X.

I think their naming peaked when it was heavily horse themed. Bronco, Mustang, Pinto.

Reactions: Byhumba and Alex01

wow. Seems dumb, as already mentioned....it hasn't been that long since all the automakers went through brand consolidation and Mercury, Oldsmobile, Pontiac all got the axe.

Ram doesn't seem to have done too bad after being spun off as a separate brand from Dodge though.

wow. Seems dumb, as already mentioned....it hasn't been that long since all the automakers went through brand consolidation and Mercury, Oldsmobile, Pontiac all got the axe.

Ram doesn't seem to have done too bad after being spun off as a separate brand from Dodge though.
Are there any Ford logos on the Broncos or Mustang Mach E?

Are there any Ford logos on the Broncos or Mustang Mach E?
I don't remember one on the bronco we had, but I wasn't looking for it to be honest. Mustangs haven't had Ford emblems on them in a very long time. And even though the Mach E isn't a mustang, I believe they carried on with that tradition.

I don't remember one on the bronco we had, but I wasn't looking for it to be honest. Mustangs haven't had Ford emblems on them in a very long time. And even though the Mach E isn't a mustang, I believe they carried on with that tradition.
Good point, my Mach 1 may have been the last year a Mustang had a blue oval on it.

According to google this is the only one.
dsc09126-1594681676.jpg

* edit Not sure why my phone thought Google should be autocorrected to food. It must know it's lunch time.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, have you seen any Dodge dealers that are not Ram dealers? Or any Ram dealers that are not Dodge dealers?

I haven’t. Makes me wonder what the point is…
I never saw what the point is. Its stupid as far as I'm concerned. Its still a Dodge, always has been, probably always will be. Now if they sell "RAM" to Ford or somebody, then it might make sense. Otherwise, it still Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere!

Out of curiosity, have you seen any Dodge dealers that are not Ram dealers? Or any Ram dealers that are not Dodge dealers?

honestly never paid attention. I've always been a Ford guy. I own a Jeep in spite of it being Chrysler because by the time the Bronco got to having TJ-era tech like fuel injection, it was massive. If the Bronco had stayed on the track of the early Bronco through the 90s, I'd probably have one instead.

But yeah, never got the point. I still call them Dodge pickups.

I bought my ram from the "truck center" which was on a separate lot across town with separate sales staff. That's the only dealer though that I've seen where both weren't on the same lot. (Gladiators were not sold at the truck center)

Reactions: deadbeat son
honestly never paid attention. I've always been a Ford guy. I own a Jeep in spite of it being Chrysler because by the time the Bronco got to having TJ-era tech like fuel injection, it was massive. If the Bronco had stayed on the track of the early Bronco through the 90s, I'd probably have one instead.

But yeah, never got the point. I still call them Dodge pickups.
Same. (Except substitute Toyota for Ford and Land Cruiser for Bronco.)

Probably to keep their options open to spin off and sell the truck division without the baggage of Fiats in drag Dodge Darts ;)
I am surprised that SRT hasn't been made into it's own division , for the same reason.

Just think how many folks have owned JEEP .
Willys Overland , Kaiser , Chrysler , Daimler , and O who cares now.