Bronco vs. Wrangler

I bought my ram from the "truck center" which was on a separate lot across town with separate sales staff. That's the only dealer though that I've seen where both weren't on the same lot. (Gladiators were not sold at the truck center)

Interesting. Was the "truck center" a separate lot across town prior to the Dodge / Ram split?

Interesting. Was the "truck center" a separate lot across town prior to the Dodge / Ram split?
I wouldn't be able to tell you. It's not my local dealer.

The dealer was Hoblit Ram in Woodland CA. They had an older building in the middle of town they had for the other models. If I had to guess I'd say they wanted to be a volume dealer for trucks and needed a new lot because they didn't have the room. But it could also be that it's the future location for all models and they're just separate until they build a fancy showroom.

Reactions: deadbeat son
I wouldn't be able to tell you. It's not my local dealer.

The dealer was Hoblit Ram in Woodland CA. They had an older building in the middle of town they had for the other models. If I had to guess I'd say they wanted to be a volume dealer for trucks and needed a new lot because they didn't have the room. But it could also be that it's the future location for all models and they're just separate until they build a fancy showroom.
Thanks. I’m just curious from a strategic standpoint. I don’t understand the big picture behind the split, and I was just curious if the dealership split locations to differentiate the brands or if they had two separate lots for their inventory before.

Reactions: Alex01
Good point, my Mach 1 may have been the last year a Mustang had a blue oval on it.
None of the old Fords have the blue oval, it was reintroduced somewhere around the 1970s. I don't think it appeared on much of anything from 1930 to 1970, not back on the F series until the 1980s. I have a Falcon and I don't think any of them had a blue oval from the factory 1960-1970. None of the sedans from the 40s to the 70s had it either, maybe on some special package badge or something but it wan't used on the vehicles as far as I know.

None of the old Fords have the blue oval, it was reintroduced somewhere around the 1970s. I don't think it appeared on much of anything from 1930 to 1970, not back on the F series until the 1980s. I have a Falcon and I don't think any of them had a blue oval from the factory 1960-1970. None of the sedans from the 40s to the 70s had it either, maybe on some special package badge or something but it wan't used on the vehicles as far as I know.
What year is your Falcon? I had a ‘64 2dr sedan for my first car. With a 170cid 6cyl and 2-speed fordamatic transmission. It could barely get out of its own way.

What year is your Falcon? I had a ‘64 2dr sedan for my first car. With a 170cid 6cyl and 2-speed fordamatic transmission. It could barely get out of its own way.
1960, 144, three on the tree. People really like the square bodies that's for sure. I have a soft spot for the original with the concave grill. I've driven a few two speeds, they are an odd experience to say the least.

Reactions: deadbeat son
The Falcon was probably the best car Ford ever made - certainly as good as any, and better than some! I like them too.
Personally, I think the best Ford ever built was a Jeep :)

1631320865534.png

Probably next in line - I liked, and still like, the Pinto.

I've never driven or even ridden in one but I like the concept and have always been partial to small, RWD cars. Wonder what it's reputation would be now if they hadn't had that pesky gas tank fire publicity.