Chris' Modern Bluegrass Thread

The White Buffalo, Forrest Rangers, i have a ton more on my spotify but my phone is in my bedroom lol

Edit:

The Dead South
Harley's Studio Band
The Pine Box Boys
Shawn James
The Devil Makes Three
My wife and I have been able to see The White Buffalo in Half Moon Bay and then in Sacramento also

Reactions: Hog
Billy Strings is pretty awesome, Tyler Childers is good.
Billy Strings is one of the most talented guitarists I have ever seen. So good.

I love modern bluegrass, though most of it is a mix between bluegrass and modern folk I think. Top of my list is Lost Dog Street Band, Matt Heckler, and The Local Honeys.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I saw them with Flogging Molly at a venue (the Fillmore) in Detroit in 2017. I want to see him again though he is one of my favorites.
FF33080A-969C-434B-91D1-CF59546ABE8A.jpeg

Reactions: Mr. Pink
Thx Chris.. I have liked bluegrass for years and listen to it almost daily for the pure sound and great stories told by under appreciated artist.. but I believe with people like Stapleton etc. and internet radio, the sound has made it to the mainstream and people have discovered a new sound that just makes you feel good.

Reactions: Chris
I hope most of your have heard them.. if not it’s hilarious and great at same time

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Nice thread, @Chris, for the last half dozen years, I make an annual trek out to Merlefest in NC, in honor of Doc and Merle Watson. Usually it is the last weekend in April, was cancelled this year, and next year it is planned in the Fall due to uncertainty of covid. I am now hoping I can take that time and go to Moab with all y'all but I won't know until first of year.

https://merlefest.org

One of my favorites, who is a mainstay at Merlefest is Sam Bush Band. https://www.sambush.com

if you like a cool take on celtic rock, take a look at Scythian, they play every year there too and have quite the groupie following... Galway Girl, Scythian

Old school and new school and everything in between...fantastic music in a very cool venue...

Reactions: Chris