CodaMan's 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

I would like to thank this thread for the inspiration for my build.

BDS 2" lift Springs/Shocks
1.25" JKS body lift
1" MML
4.56 gears
TruTrac front
Yukon Helical rear

I had no intention of doing the exact same wheels but I was able to score five for $650 nearly new. Couldn't pass it up. Trackbar relocation bracket was not needed and I have zero vibrations.

Jeep.Blue.jpg

Last edited:

1.25" JKS body lift
1" MML

I had no intention of doing the exact same wheels but I was able to score five for $650 nearly new. Couldn't pass it up. Trackbar relocation bracket was not needed and I have zero vibrations.

View attachment 251937
Nice stance! Did you by any chance measure how much actual suspension lift did you get front and rear?

1.25" JKS body lift
1" MML

View attachment 251937

Looks great!

Nice stance! Did you by any chance measure how much actual suspension lift did you get front and rear?
I did not. General consensus is about 2.5+ in the rear. If you search the forum for "BDS" you will get some good answers and details pertaining to these springs. I am shocked at how nice it rides with the springs/shocks.

@CodaMan and @Chris ,

How critical are the bump stops in this setup?

@Chris, you did not include the bump stops in the parts list in your post, "A recipe for an affordable but quality 2.5" lift", in which you give @CodaMan credit for the setup. However, @Chris, in your post, "A Beginners Guide to Lifting Your Jeep Wrangler TJ", it clearly states that bump stops are required for a 2" lift.

Lastly, if the bump stops are a must, do either of you have any suggestions other than the Rock Krawers? I can find the 1-3" lift kit in stock anywhere. The 3-5" kit is available and it would work except that it only has the bolts for the 3", 4" and 5" stacks.

Thanks!

@TJRicochet

@CodaMan and @Chris ,

How critical are the bump stops in this setup?

@Chris, you did not include the bump stops in the parts list in your post, "A recipe for an affordable but quality 2.5" lift", in which you give @CodaMan credit for the setup. However, @Chris, in your post, "A Beginners Guide to Lifting Your Jeep Wrangler TJ", it clearly states that bump stops are required for a 2" lift.

Lastly, if the bump stops are a must, do either of you have any suggestions other than the Rock Krawers? I can find the 1-3" lift kit in stock anywhere. The 3-5" kit is available and it would work except that it only has the bolts for the 3", 4" and 5" stacks.

Thanks!

@TJRicochet
You need bump stop, it’s extremely critical. Most of us just use hockey pucks or similar for the bump stops. No one can tell you how much bump stop you need as it varies from vehicle to vehicle. That’s why you have to cycle the suspension in order to find out how much you need.

You need bump stop, it’s extremely critical. Most of us just use hockey pucks or similar for the bump stops. No one can tell you how much bump stop you need as it varies from vehicle to vehicle. That’s why you have to cycle the suspension in order to find out how much you need.
Thanks, @Chris! Hockey pucks, eh? Real, honest-to-gosh hockey pucks?

I got a package of 12 for alittle over a buck apiece, and only used 10. I had a harder time finding replacement jounce bumpers. All 4 were shot.

You do not need the body lift. I installed it for a future tummy tuck.
I’m looking at this similar setup on a stock 02. If I’m understanding correctly, this shock/spring combo will let me run up to 31s, no body lift, no t-case drop. If that’s correct, my last question is do/should I get the front and rear adjustable track bars or are they also not required at this hight?

Well......the Pro Comp 55298 rear springs are no longer available. I'm looking for some suggestions. The Pro Comp front springs are still available almost everywhere. Would there be any issues with going with them and then another 2" spring for the rear?
Thanks

Thank you! And apologies for the delayed response.

I installed the RS55241 rears last night. A full cycle on the suspension and everything clears nicely. Fully compressed, it appears the bumpstop fully compresses before the shock bottoms out - a measurement put the shock at 13.75" with a minimum compression of 13.51". I'll re-measure in the Spring after the springs have more time to settle.

In my case, rear suspension under neutral load, I have 4.5" compression (up) and 3.6" extension (down).

I'll be installing the RS55239 today along with spacers. My measurements say I'll have 4.8" compression (up) and 4.5" extension (down) under neutral load, which I'll confirm. That being true, I'll need 1.8" of bumpstop after installing 3/4" spacer (including adding 1/8" tolerance).
What are your shock lengths at ride height? I'm trying to figure out which rancho rs5000x to get. If my measurements are correct, my front shock length at ride height is 19" and rear is 18". I have 2" springs + spacer up front.

What are your shock lengths at ride height? I'm trying to figure out which rancho rs5000x to get. If my measurements are correct, my front shock length at ride height is 19" and rear is 18". I have 2" springs + spacer up front.
FYI he hasn’t visited the site since last July.

After not being on for sometime, I'm back. Moved cross country and have been really busy. I did do a couple things to the Rubicon... Replaced the clutch, all the O2 sensors, all 3 cats and added a 1.25" BL and a 1" MML in preparation for a tummy tuck.

Here's a gratuitous pic of my Rubicon and my new place.

PXL_20220317_150452775.jpg