Crawler Hauler

Just to be clear here, I'm not advocating for one or the other just showing one option. I had my reasons for building mine and would again if I needed it. I hope my motorhome works out to be everything I hope it to be but also know if it doesn't, I'll go back to some type of crawler hauler.

And an enclosed trailer is great for others. So just make sure to do your research and choose what suits you the best.

I'm not that sensitive. You can rip on my enclosed trailer all day and I won't care. 😉

I'm not that sensitive. You can rip on my enclosed trailer all day and I won't care. 😉

I quick video of me getting out of my Jeep inside an enclosed trailer.
200.gif

I quick video of me getting out of my Jeep inside an enclosed trailer.
View attachment 388355

That was about it too. We even took the door off to see if it helped and yes it did but not enough to make me want one.

This thing is huge. But a nice setup and was for sale.

Reactions: Blondie70 and RINC
Just to be clear here, I'm not advocating for one or the other just showing one option. I had my reasons for building mine and would again if I needed it. I hope my motorhome works out to be everything I hope it to be but also know if it doesn't, I'll go back to some type of crawler hauler.

And an enclosed trailer is great for others. So just make sure to do your research and choose what suits you the best.

No beating the benefit of protection and security of the enclosed trailer especially for an easy access vehicle like a jeep.

Reactions: Blondie70
No beating the benefit of protection and security of the enclosed trailer especially for an easy access vehicle like a jeep.

Unless you can't get into and out of it easily. But yes that IMO isa one of the main pluses to an enclosed trailer. It's not like it was 10-20 years ago where you didn't have to worry about stuff being stolen off your rig or it being stolen.

Nice workshop during bad weather too.

Unless you can't get into and out of it easily. But yes that IMO isa one of the main pluses to an enclosed trailer. It's not like it was 10-20 years ago where you didn't have to worry about stuff being stolen off your rig or it being stolen.

Ramp on the rear. 😛

Nice workshop during bad weather too.

I had a pop up for that.

Ramp on the rear. 😛

Ramp doesn't make it any easier to squeeze out of if you're OLD & Fat. Having one leg/foot that doesn't bend the same ways as the other only makes it harder.

Again do what works for you.

I had a pop up for that.

Ramp doesn't make it any easier to squeeze out of if you're OLD & Fat. Having one leg/foot that doesn't bend the same ways as the other only makes it harder.

Again do what works for you.

They do make trailers with access doors for this very reason.

1672549327039.jpeg

When I built mine in 2017 the ease of loading and tying it down are the main reasons I went with an open set up, we use it for multiple things as well. The 17ft of open deck is nice when you are boon docking it as well.

IMG_0012.JPG