Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Deez

81168B2C-8177-4272-A1AC-C00A80959B07.jpeg

Reactions: starkey480 and jjvw
This will be a cool mod to watch. Frame work is nerve-wracking, yet fun in a way.

But, in what local salvage yard did you find a TJ? I see everything but TJs.

Reactions: jjvw
Definitely looking forward to seeing this latest modification unfold! (y)

Reactions: jjvw
Classic Warn!
Cool! the CE-W38007 doesn't seem to be readily available as a current part number but maybe I didn't know what to look for. Did you find some new old stock somewhere? Any concerns about spare parts availability? It was my understanding that Yukon bought the design from Warn and the Yukon YA-WU-07 was the available replacement for the 5 on 4.5" kit.

Cool! the CE-W38007 doesn't seem to be readily available as a current part number but maybe I didn't know what to look for. Did you find some new old stock somewhere? Any concerns about spare parts availability? It was my understanding that Yukon bought the design from Warn and the Yukon YA-WU-07 was the available replacement for the 5 on 4.5" kit.
Not everything for sale is NIB.
With the exception of some minor changes that don't affect much, the Yukon parts interchange with the Warn parts.
Same seal kit, same spindle needle bearing, same spindle cones and cups, similar dimension stub shaft, splined washer is same function, snap ring is the same, and both work with the Warn small locking hubs. Wheel studs don't matter but they are the same.

Not everything for sale is NIB.
With the exception of some minor changes that don't affect much, the Yukon parts interchange with the Warn parts.
Same seal kit, same spindle needle bearing, same spindle cones and cups, similar dimension stub shaft, splined washer is same function, snap ring is the same, and both work with the Warn small locking hubs. Wheel studs don't matter but they are the same.
Understood.. thanks!

I had been eyeballing the motobilt fuel cell, should I ever decide to slide things back. What is the reasoning to build the cell?

I had been eyeballing the motobilt fuel cell, should I ever decide to slide things back. What is the reasoning to build the cell?
Building my own loses less cargo space. And this DIY design puts the filler on the side of the body instead of floating above or reaching inside.

Building my own loses less cargo space. And this DIY design puts the filler on the side of the body instead of floating above or reaching inside.
Are you planning to do the tank yourself or design it and have it fabricated by a custom aluminum tank builder like Boyd Welding? If you’re going with steel hopefully stainless are you going to TIG weld?

Are you planning to do the tank yourself or design it and have it fabricated by a custom aluminum tank builder like Boyd Welding? If you’re going with steel hopefully stainless are you going to TIG weld?
This is the tank I am basing mine off of. Again, I am building this myself.
DSC_6033.JPG
DSC_6046.JPG