Does your TJ have a name?

I don't name my vehicles, but my wife and daughters do, so when they asked me what I should name the jeep, I didn't really care, so I had a random memory of a movie and said, " What about Bob?"

Mangler, a play on Wrangler.
20180303_111516.jpg

Full name is The Green Pearl, after The Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, and since the paint is green pearl. I just call her Pearl.

Mine is a Purple/Blueish TJ with Gray fenders, vinyls & hardtop, I call It Purple Rain... I don't know why many folks like to call their jeeps female names or say "her" but my jeep is a male. :sisi3::pesas:
11-03-17 (1).jpg

Reactions: JMT
I used to have '67 1-ton Dodge dually pick-up (9' bed with dually fenders) that I called "Big Mo", as in "Big Mother!". My wife, however, informed me it stood for "Big Money". It stuck. :)

It seemed for a time that I believed it was the gals who named their vehicles, but I'm discovering us guys are just as likely to do so as they are. I find this interesting. Who'd a thunk it? o_O
Lmao! I thought you were setting us to say big MF lol bc you had to work on it alot.

Reactions: Squatch
Haha cool thread idea @Squatch!

Another forum member here told me my TJ reminds them of "Mantis" a superheroine from Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers. With the green and tan color scheme and the black eyes (headlights). I said all i'm missing are the antennae! So i'll have to see if I can hook up come communications, complete the look and earn the name!

I've never been good at naming vehicle though, some people seem to be good at it, some not so good, but I find a lot of times vehicles get their name from someone else. Either way its good conversation!

Reactions: Squatch
Haha cool thread idea @Squatch!

Another forum member here told me my TJ reminds them of "Mantis" a superheroine from Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers. With the green and tan color scheme and the black eyes (headlights). I said all i'm missing are the antennae! So i'll have to see if I can hook up come communications, complete the look and earn the name!

I've never been good at naming vehicle though, some people seem to be good at it, some not so good, but I find a lot of times vehicles get their name from someone else. Either way its good conversation!
Gotta admit, I'm a little surprised at the amount of activity it generated. I'd been thinking of starting this thread for some time, but thought it would likely be one of those "go nowhere" subjects. I stand corrected! :)

View attachment 52354

I named mine "Jesse." No real reason, no Jesse's in my family (except her), but it just sounded like a perfect name for her when I bought her 15 years ago. Jesse the Jeep.
I had not named my Jeep until last year when my brother and I took it for a test drive after installing a Banks turbocharger with intercooler. We had just pulled over and checked for leaks and I said that the install had made the Jeep into a bullet, my brother said “yeah a silver bullet”. The Jeeps name is The Silver Bullet, or Bullet for short.

E3BF47D8-835B-44E1-94DD-E71AE3E339D1.jpeg

Reactions: ChrisSnell
I had not named my Jeep until last year when my brother and I took it for a test drive after installing a Banks turbocharger with intercooler. We had just pulled over and checked for leaks and I said that the install had made the Jeep into a bullet, my brother said “yeah a silver bullet”. The Jeeps name is The Silver Bullet, or Bullet for short.
Sliver Bullet is a fantastic name. Wish I thought of that; wish I had more of a themed type name, but alas, Jesse it is for me.

Reactions: Ron Hockett
Sliver Bullet is a fantastic name. Wish I thought of that; wish I had more of a themed type name, but alas, Jesse it is for me.
Thanks! It definitely wasn’t planned, it just turned out that way. Nothing at all wrong with Jesse, if you like it that’s all that matters. It’s like all things with Jeeps, whatever makes you happy. I just got a 5X8 untility trailer that I’m making into a camping trailer. Not for everyone, but it is just right for me.

9E0E8613-9893-46B9-8B01-600DF67CABB8.jpeg

85E65F59-E8DA-44C4-9178-BCE116AF560E.jpeg

CA583E9A-0EC5-4B96-B908-515C5010E5DE.jpeg