How does a Currie Antirock sway bar improve off road performance?

What I don't know is if the anti rock on the rear is worth the $500 sticker price since the stock sway bar is a smaller diameter then F. Stock and pretty flexy. For a mild build ( 4" SA on 33's)
It's not worth the $500 in my strictly personal opinion for a rig built like yours or mine. My TJ does fine on some pretty darned tough trails with an Antirock up front and the OE antiswaybar in the rear with extended links.

There would be no benefit to running an Antirock on-road... its benefits are obtained only when off-road. :)
@Jerry Bransford, @Chris. Bumping this thread as a few are asking about it again...

Considering that I am just learning about and participating in offroading, would this be a good purchase for me? 80% on road driving with daily freeway runs. Going on first beginner's run in 10 days. I plan on 2-3 organized runs a month.

At what point would I want to add an Antirock? Now would be convenient as I am changing out my front bumper. Fortunately cost is not a factor if it would make offroading safer for the Admiral and I.

Would it be wise installing it now on the most conservative setting and adjust it as I attempt harder runs? Or is this mod only for more experienced offroaders?

Someone mentioned having to cut bars with less than 4" lift? I only have a 2.5" lift. Is that an issue? Any other potential issues with a lightly modified TJ Sport? Easy install?

Should I order it now or wait for a year or two when I have learned more? Will it really screw up my Jeep as a DD? Is it really the #1 mod and should be done ASAP regardless?

As always, thanks for all advice from anyone...

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

I'm glad @LeePTI bumped this. Great article. If it's that much benefit for just the front I think the extra money is worth it over the JKS discos. I'm putting it on the list!

Reactions: LeePTI
To put it simply, the anti rock keeps the body more level and supports traction to the lighter or up tire. Not necessary for a newby or mild trails. Go wheel first, then decide if you need/want it. You can make your own quick disconnects for $10 at the hardware store.

To put it simply, the anti rock keeps the body more level and supports traction to the lighter or up tire. Not necessary for a newby or mild trails. Go wheel first, then decide if you need/want it. You can make your own quick disconnects for $10 at the hardware store.
Making your own quick disconnects at the hardware store sounds so easy coming from some of you. Maybe you can tell me how or link me to an "how-to" article? Because $10 is cheap and can get me by till I can get AR...

Making your own quick disconnects at the hardware store sounds so easy coming from some of you. Maybe you can tell me how or link me to an "how-to" article? Because $10 is cheap and can get me by till I can get AR...

I'm not even sure a how-to for this is needed. It's so damn simple.

This is all you need:

2-1/2"x7/16" Clevis Pins (2)
Cotter Pin (2)
7/16" Grade 5 or better washers (4)

You can get these parts at ACE Hardware. Just make sure to get the highest grade you can, Grade 5, but preferably Grade 8.

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

Ok, done. Thanks @Chris for putting up with a noob to the entire automotive world.

Reactions: Chris
After a trip to some backcountry trails in Canada I was told my next mod should be quick disconnects for my sway bar! Almost pulled the trigger and bought the a set of good discos. But after reading this article and seeing Chris’s and Jerry’s comments and the video I seriously consider going the extra money and getting Currie Antirock setup! Thank for all the info you guys give. Best site ever!

Reactions: Chad03TJ and Chris
After a trip to some backcountry trails in Canada I was told my next mod should be quick disconnects for my sway bar! Almost pulled the trigger and bought the a set of good discos. But after reading this article and seeing Chris’s and Jerry’s comments and the video I seriously consider going the extra money and getting Currie Antirock setup! Thank for all the info you guys give. Best site ever!

Do it! You'll be happy you did. This is coming from someone (me) who has run both.

Just curious! Does the Currie Anitrocks preform any differently on a LJ vs a std TJ? Kind of like- Chris you said you run your settings in the middle hole. Will a LJ flex more an need a stiffer setting? Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Just curious! Does the Currie Anitrocks preform any differently on a LJ vs a std TJ? Kind of like- Chris you said you run your settings in the middle hole. Will a LJ flex more an need a stiffer setting? Thanks for any thoughts on this!

It won’t make any difference whatsoever if it’s on an LJ or a TJ.

RIgs don't need to be heavily modified to enjoy the benefits of an Antirock.

This is a very good video on how the Antirocks works by John Currie, its developer...

Resurrecting this old thread because this video popped up on my YouTube feed just now. Searched before starting a new thread. While it looks like it was filmed with a potato, it answers all the questions commonly posed.

Reactions: BlueChip
Resurrecting this old thread because this video popped up on my YouTube feed just now. Searched before starting a new thread. While it looks like it was filmed with a potato, it answers all the questions commonly posed.
Ha ha! I watched that last night after ordering my Antirock. I also stumbled across a newer interview. Good info in it even though it looks like it was filmed with a body cam.

Reactions: TWiG01
Would an antirock be "safe" for highway , and travelling at 75mph?

of course I am not talking about driving like an idiot, but just if the increased body roll will affect noticeably on road safety etc?

Would an antirock be "safe" for highway , and travelling at 75mph?

of course I am not talking about driving like an idiot, but just if the increased body roll will affect noticeably on road safety etc?
Yes and yes.

Minimal affect