How would you build my TJ?

At the very most some good 31" A/T tires, a 2" lift, and some recovery gear (i.e. a winch).

Reactions: EJD
I would leave it as it is and let the rig tell you what it needs. A stock TJ is very capable - so play with it and note where you get hung up. I had almost as much fun on my 31” tires as I do on my 33s.

Reactions: taylormade73
I would certainly add a 1-2" lift along with some good 31" A/T's at a minimum and consider upgrading the shocks to Rancho RS5000x's. Add a little armor here and there, add some trusted recovery options, and add some good lighting. Next figure out how you'll be feeding yourself and acquire appropriate gear, basic creature comforts to make some things more livable, and consider extra water/fuel options depending. Medical supplies for you and backup supplies for the Jeep. I do have a RTT for my TJ which i'll admit is a situational use item for me, but I have multiple sleep arrangements. Pack appropriately for where your going and what your doing on that particular trip.

Oh and maps, have lots of navigation options!

Not to change everyone's state of mind. My idea of overlanding is towing my jeep behind my 60 foot diesel pusher RV. Drive to camp, plug in RV, unhook Jeep, go find some natural beauty to marvel at.
I am way past the "rough it" stage in my life journey.

Honestly? I'd do nothing. Not even a roof top tent; they only make "setting up camp" and exploring for the rest of the day more difficult since you can't crawl right into bed after a late night adventure.

Fix anything that bugs you and buy a few cheap totes or duffle if you don't already own some so you can stay organized.

Invest in upgrades once you find a need or desire for them. This way you don't end up with upgrades that end up turning out to be hassles.
I'd like this twice if I my screen would let me .

Good advice from a capable guy who knows how to get out there...and back.

Reactions: toximus