Impact Jack (LJ Rubi build)

Finally have sometime tomorrow to work on Jeep. It's been 2 weeks. Hopefully we get everything completed. I really miss going in the woods with my Jeep. I will post final pics of Stage 1 when it is completed. Then time to plan Stage 2. I'm also waiting to hear back from ECGS that they have a Eaton E-locker for the Dana 60 in stock. I'm replacing my Detroit for a selectable. If I do not get it before we start on next Stage, I can jump to Stage 3 because all 4 planned Stages do not depend on other Stages besides Stage 1 which did need to be done first. Stage 3 is UCF trans and engine skid, Derale direct fit trans cooler kit, and B&M Stealth Magnum Grip offroad shifter. Im also now going to install my MML. The UCF engine skid is designed to utilize the extra clearance under engine when the engine is moved up. So I am going to take advantage of that.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Got all the loose ends finished today. Everything went pretty smooth thankfully. Also installed Northstar X2 battery. Exact same battery as an Odyssey Extreme just sold thru Batteries+ and you get a 5 year warranty instead of a 4 year. This way I could buy it locally in case there is an issue

Stage11.jpg

Stage12.jpeg

Stage13.jpg

Stage14.jpg

Stage15.jpeg

Stage16.jpg

stage17.jpg

Last edited:
I fully flexed my suspension last weekend and it did hit the front and rear of the rear wheel well. We are going to cut the rear of the wheel well with a Jigsaw and adjust heims so it pushes the axle back a little.

We have been planning Hydro assist for a while. I was going to order the PSC kit but as we were crunching numbers and doing some research. We figured we could do it for about half price. On my friends Jeep (2000) he installed a PSC ram with a drilled out factory pump. Tapped the original Saginaw box. Had custom made hoses made at local Hose Makers. It works pretty good. Since I have a Mercedes box I planned on replacing box. I found a Lares "Rock Crawler" box that they said was more heavy duty. It had an 13/16" input shaft and a thicker sector shaft. Was doing research on pumps that had more flow/pressure. Found write ups on the WJ ps pump and thought that would be a good fit. Figured we would go with same PSC ram that my friend had bc we have very similar set ups. So here is the parts list was ordered .

1. PSC 1.75" Ram 8" stroke
2. New Lares WJ pump(bored) pt# 12762
3. New Lares "Rock Crawler" box (tapped) pt# 11430
4. Lares power steering filter with magnet 3/8" pt# 298
5. Derale fluid cooler PT#13215
6. MY 2000 TJ Gates pressure and return hoses(353840 & 353780)
7. DIY4X steering box 3.5" pre tapped end cap
8. Borgeson 13/16" Steering Universal Joint pt# 014940
9. Royal Purple Max EZ p/s fluid
10. Safeplast Hose protection Wrap
11. PSC pp2401 pulley(1" smaller than factory)

We will get hoses to ram made locally

My plan was to do lockers and gears for Stage 2. Waiting for front Eaton eLocker for Dana 60. So jumped to next Stage.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the way I cut the rear fenders for now. I plan on putting corners on in the future. We are going to stretch the rear between 2 and 4 inches. So we are throwing around different ideas. Also put a new exhaust on. It was crazy loud with no muffler. It is alot better now. Still has some rumble. The muffler got cut off before the rear was 4 linked. It doesn't look the best but it does not interfere with anything when flexing

stage110.jpg

Reactions: TRE3TOP and Wildman
Well done sir ;), I am partial to LJ's for some reason as well. I remember when they came out and had mixed feelings. Lifted with anything above a 33 and it becomes a different vehicle!

How do you like the E fan, I don't want to start a e fan bashing train, just interested in your results.

Well done sir ;), I am partial to LJ's for some reason as well. I remember when they came out and had mixed feelings. Lifted with anything above a 33 and it becomes a different vehicle!

How do you like the E fan, I don't want to start a e fan bashing train, just interested in your results.
I absolutely love the kit I went with(Derale TJ direct fit). Most of the problems I have read about have been a generic set up or a cheap kit. Mine moves so much air and fully auto

I will be receiving my final part today for my hydro assist. Looking forward to getting it installed. I still haven't received my front Eaton eLocker. We are going to weld the front until it comes in if we do not get it before we do the gears and rear e-Locker. Been a long wait.

Last edited:
Just a small mod I installed last night. On a hill my tailgate wouldn't stay open at certain angles. Found this cool little product on Americanoutlaw.com. It's called The Gatekeeper. They also make the best mirrors for when removing doors and other cool Jeep items. You can also get them on quadretec.

GK1.jpg

gk2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Apparition
Finally got to start the next Stage. Hydro steering. Alot going on so it took a little longer than anticipated and Jeep Beach. Pics coming soon. All day Saturday is set aside to get most of this done.

Last edited: