Is this Rubicon worth it?

LilHammer97

TJ Enthusiast
This is gonna sound kinda bland but is a 05 rubicon worth 10k? It's only has bumpers, winch, tires and a 2 inch lift done to it. I haven't looked at it yet but are they really worth that much?

We can't tell you if it's worth it unless you post photos of the vehicle in question, including photos of the underside.

If the underside is rotted, then no, it's not worth half that.

If it's a clean underside, clean title, and in pretty good condition, then yes, it's worth it.

But as always...

This thread is worthless without pics

• Haha
Reactions: LilHammer97
Screenshot_20200325-220723_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-220718_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-220714_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-220711_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-220709_Facebook.jpg
received_566262607320928.jpeg
received_218204489394318.jpeg
Screenshot_20200325-220711_Facebook.jpg

I'll try to get some of the underside soon. But from what I can tell no rust

Besides the 44 front and rear axles what else is different. I currently have an 04 SE so I'm just kinda looking to see what I'll be getting with the Rubicon over just any other jeep for sale?

Besides the 44 front and rear axles what else is different. I currently have an 04 SE so I'm just kinda looking to see what I'll be getting with the Rubicon over just any other jeep for sale?

Lockers, 4:1 Transfer case, factory built, 4:10 gears, wider fender flares, if off-road is your goal without heavy mods, it’s the best factory built off-road vehicle ever built.

Otherwise, if you plan to just street the Jeep or go the other direction and heavy mod it...a standard TJ (with the 4.0!) should be a good base.

My opinion.

No heavy mods just probably going to go around 3 inch lift with a tummy tuck along with some armor. Then I'll probably go ahead with other things like lighting and storage later on.

For $10k? And no rust? I’d say a bargain if no real issues. High miles?

The 05-06 have an issue with the PCM with the autos so factory that flaw in.

But the mods you mention, it’s a off-road beast and will serve you well.

These guys will help point out the flaws if they notice them. I’m no expert. But I bought my Rubi with small lift, 33’s and other lighter mods in mind.

Well considering why they go for on the west coast, again, if no rust, no issues and not a salvage title...sounds like a great deal!

I’d be all in if its not rusted out. That’s a steal. Very worth it!

Reactions: Rick Flair
So I'm thinking of going with an OME heavy duty lift due to it having a hardtop and 12k which upfront. Is there any pros and cons compared to the "standard" lift. Would it be recommended to get control arms that are adjustable?