It just happened!

MORryde came in. One additional benefit of the '04 up is no Torx head bolts on the hinges to fight with. 😍

20231025_161031.jpg

20231025_161130.jpg

I can't keep the jeeps straight. This one is getting corner armor as well right? If so, you don't need to install the bracket that goes on the right side after you get it on.

I can't keep the jeeps straight. This one is getting corner armor as well right? If so, you don't need to install the bracket that goes on the right side after you get it on.

Yes, this one will get corner armor. Are you talking about the piece that goes, inside, to the roll bar?

For the corners, I've been holding out in false hope that Savvy will live on. I've had my dreams crushed before, so I'm slowly acclimating myself to reality. I'll be ordering Genright over the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Yes, this one will get corner armor. Are you talking about the piece that goes, inside, to the roll bar?

For the corners, I've been holding out in false hope that Savvy will live on. I've had my dreams crushed before, so I'm slowly acclimating myself to reality. I'll be ordering Genright over the next 2 - 3 weeks.

The big heavy piece that goes under the hinges on the passengerside of the tub. You'll still use the rollbar support and the large piece behind the carrier.

Reactions: Wildman and Irun
The big heavy piece that goes under the hinges on the passengerside of the tub. You'll still use the rollbar support and the large piece behind the carrier.

That makes sense. Not a real need for the piece under the passenger side tail light. That said, when I install the tailgate armor, that piece would line up nicely with the larger rectangle tailgate plate.

JP54-022.jpg

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
MORryde came in. One additional benefit of the '04 up is no Torx head bolts on the hinges to fight with. 😍

View attachment 468544

View attachment 468545

Watch the lower hinge bolt on the tub side. I just loosened all of mine the other day in prep for a MORryde install and the bolt in the lower hinge on the outside edge had rust on the threads that protruded into the tub (past the fastener). It got tight and hot as I started to take it out so I went a turn at a time and let it cool down for a few minutes between each turn as it was certainly warming up and I didn't need a snapped bolt.

Came out clean and I'll chase the threads before I re-install.

Just a heads up so you don't rush the bolt removal and have a larger project on your hands with a broken bolt. ;)

Last year when I bought my Savvy sliders they also had corners available. I decided to wait and they’ve been OOS ever since. Kicking myself for that.

Last year when I bought my Savvy sliders they also had corners available. I decided to wait and they’ve been OOS ever since. Kicking myself for that.

It's tough, everytime I reach out to savvy, I always get the same answer, "1 month out". Would be nice if they actually could get some product made.

Reactions: RINC
Reactions: Irun
Those wheels go for big money on facebook around here. Great score!! Are you going to pick up the rock rings or keep them as non bead lock?

Will order the rings eventually. Those are not cheap, but I picked these up for basically the price of tires. Ordering the rings won't hurt!

Will order the rings eventually. Those are not cheap, but I picked these up for basically the price of tires. Ordering the rings won't hurt!

Wow. You stole those.

The 37" KO2s we have on the JL only weigh 5 more pounds and measure 35.5" 😉

Reactions: Irun and PNW_LJ