James & The Sahara Build Thread

You will notice a big improvement over the stock brakes. Before I installed the BBK, I had the BMB pads/Centic rotors and noticed a significant improvement on braking distance. Money well spent right here if you ask me.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Contacted offroad connection today, for just the master install kit/gears/carriers/bearings/seals is a total of $2005.00 (Just got the quote for the regear no locker). This is using Yukon parts.

Shops like Motobilt and UCF regear for $1600.00 including carrier replacement but bearings/seals are additional if they need to be serviced. Funds are getting low so trying to get the locker priced out sucks because I only have cash for the re-gear. If you just do gears its $1400.00 if you have proper carriers.

If all bearings and seals were replaced, $1800-$2000 is an accurate quote for just gears and carriers with all bearings/seals replaced.

Here are the exact quotes from motobilt, everyone else contacted gave verbal quotes:
View attachment 21752 View attachment 21753

Oh, shoot I should have asked you for more details. I did not know you were without the install kits and gears. My bad I thought you had that stuff already and was looking for someone to do the diff setup.

Sorry about quoting you so low.

But atleast you shopped around. No matter who does the install and setup motobilt or ORC you wont be let down. Not going to say anyhing on UCF as I have not traded with them before.

Take some brake cleaner and really spray the differential out. On the ring gear should be some numbers stamped into it (the smooth part). Those numbers should indiacte ring gear teeth and pinion teeth or simply the ratio of the two. Example: "4.10"
View attachment 21730
The are written 41 11, so i believe if my math is correct thats a 3.73 ratio. How do the stock gears look?
IMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5892.JPG

View attachment 21865
Hard to tell but it certainly looks like clutch packs.
The person who sold it to me thought it was a detroit trutrac, after research it looks like an lsd. If anyone wants the gears and lsd you are more than welcome to let me know, just need to get this installed & driven to the gear shop. Funds are tight for what I want to do shaft/locker wise so I may just regear for now.

Thank you for pointing it out to me!

The person who sold it to me thought it was a detroit trutrac, after research it looks like an lsd. If anyone wants the gears and lsd you are more than welcome to let me know, just need to get this installed & driven to the gear shop. Funds are tight for what I want to do shaft/locker wise so I may just regear for now.

Thank you for pointing it out to me!
You should definitely sell the stock gears and lsd to recover some of your expenses. Hopefully you will do the same with your Dana 35. But I wouldnt expect people to blow up your phone when you post it.

I would price doing a limited slip rebuild yourself and then comparing the price to new parts or a lunchbox locker.
Lunchbox is a great choice up front but in the rear its terrible.
That is a factory Traclok. Decent, clutches are easily replaced, not noticeable on the street.
Awesome thank you for clarifying.

Yes, new Yukon clutches are bout $75. Just replace the clutch packs and you got a fresh Traclok. Just remember to add a little limited slip friction additive to the oil . Most GL-5 gear oils already have the additive in the gear oil. I think you need to soak the discs in the additive for a while prior to install. Rob would know more about this.

Yes, new Yukon clutches are bout $75. Just replace the clutch packs and you got a fresh Traclok. Just remember to add a little limited slip friction additive to the oil . Most GL-5 gear oils already have the additive in the gear oil. I think you need to soak the discs in the additive for a while prior to install. Rob would know more about this.
Tracloc is good for like 20k-30k miles right?