Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

No, I tried that with HID bulbs a few years ago and although they were very bright the light is not focused properly and very scattered. It would literally light up the trees.

@Chris

is this still up to date? You guys still feel like VisionX are the best option available?

@tomtaylz how did you like yours?

it’s getting dark early now and would like to be able to see.

Yes, it is.

Of all the ones I've tried, the Vision X headlights are my favorite. The Truck Lites are a close second.

The truth of the matter is that there are SO many LED headlights out there, and unfortunately I have no way of testing them all. However, I have tested most of the higher end ones.

But if you watch eBay and Amazon, you'll see that they literally come out with new designs almost weekly, it's absurd.

Yes, it is.

Of all the ones I've tried, the Vision X headlights are my favorite. The Truck Lites are a close second.

The truth of the matter is that there are SO many LED headlights out there, and unfortunately I have no way of testing them all. However, I have tested most of the higher end ones.

But if you watch eBay and Amazon, you'll see that they literally come out with new designs almost weekly, it's absurd.
Thanks cool, I will probably just go for them. I would rather go for a proven good design. I don’t like to be the beta tester. :)

Thanks cool, I will probably just go for them. I would rather go for a proven good design. I don’t like to be the beta tester. :)
You might check out https://headlightrevolution.com/ they test most of these things and have pretty good video comparisons of most of them on youtube. They do have time to keep up to date on what works, it's all they do.

You might check out https://headlightrevolution.com/ they test most of these things and have pretty good video comparisons of most of them on youtube. They do have time to keep up to date on what works, it's all they do.
Awesome will do.

My biggest concern now is ordering off amazon there seems to be VisionX headlights all over the board on pricing and I want to make sure I am getting the real thing.

Reactions: pagrey
Have you ever heard of these , they are more of a commercial offering I think but made in the USA as far as i can tell

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1YE02C/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Then there are these also made in the USA

http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cId=1&fId=71&pId=3748

You have to be careful with the whole "Made in the USA" thing.

A lot of companies nowadays are using that term when the product is "made in the USA" from globally sourced products.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts every part of those headlights is Chinese (especially the LEDs), they just assembly and build them in the USA so they can claim "made in the USA".

This is getting more-and-more common these days, and it's deceptive if you ask me. Either way, I have no experience with those, but I've had such good luck with Truck Lites and Vision X anyways.

Reactions: MikeM
I never thought a headlight choice would be this involved . lol

Its the aesthetic and practical trade off,
plus the price point

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I went with KC gravity. A bit pricey but I don’t regret getting them for a second. Crisp white with a nice clean pattern. I even hopped into my wife’s Altima and had her drive behind me and they’re not as annoying as most. Did I pay too much? .... subjective.

C1BC3170-02F1-42DF-9B42-261A6192DC6A.jpeg

High
D1C5FD66-4554-41B7-8119-6FBBF00C358B.jpeg

Low

2941E327-1319-4894-B812-51EA1EB7A7F2.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had my Chinese knock-off "Truck Lites" in about a year now and even after taking a direct hit from a deer still perform great. In fact, the deer actually cracked the light bucket on the backside, but no damage at all to the light! Well defined, crisp white light that'll stretch out as far as I need on low beam, get out of the way on bright though. I agree with Chris about the "sourcing" of materials just to claim made in the U.S..
IMG_0749.JPG

You have to be careful with the whole "Made in the USA" thing.

A lot of companies nowadays are using that term when the product is "made in the USA" from globally sourced products.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts every part of those headlights is Chinese (especially the LEDs), they just assembly and build them in the USA so they can claim "made in the USA".

This is getting more-and-more common these days, and it's deceptive if you ask me. Either way, I have no experience with those, but I've had such good luck with Truck Lites and Vision X anyways.
I would say that about most electronics.

Reactions: MikeM and Chris
China or South Korea. All the electronics are made in asian countries.
I don't have as much issue with South Korea since they play more fairly in trade practices. I buy American first (if availiable) and China last.