Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

I bought the TruckLite 27270C lights for my '04. Unless I'm missing something in the install, I would not be recommending them as fitting a Wrangler. The lights stick out a tad too far, and you can't get the screws back in place that hold the metal trim piece in place. I'm referring to the outer metal trim piece, not the metal ring that holds the lights in place.

I'll probably end up having to use double stick tape to hold the trim in place
I have the heated versions of those headlights. I can’t get at all of the screws using a bit and socket, but when I use a dedicated Torx screwdriver, I can easily remove the bezel and light mounting screws as well as turn the adjusters.

Try using a dedicated Torx screwdriver set and see if that’s easier. I have the Craftsman set.

Installed a set of Oracle's this weekend, HUGE difference over stock

DSCN0820[1].jpg

Last edited:
I have the heated versions of those headlights. I can’t get at all of the screws using a bit and socket, but when I use a dedicated Torx screwdriver, I can easily remove the bezel and light mounting screws as well as turn the adjusters.

Try using a dedicated Torx screwdriver set and see if that’s easier. I have the Craftsman set.
These are an easy install, maybe I need to uninstall and reassess the situation. Maybe I'm being too delicate, and need to manhandle them a little bit so that I can access the bezel screw holes. If I can get a least one of the screws back in on both sides I'll be satisfied.

The previous owner really mangled the screw slots/holes in the metal retaining ring that holds the lights in place, it's been bugging me, so I want to get those cleaned up anyways.

• Sad
Reactions: Chief Brohician
I bought the TruckLite 27270C lights for my '04. Unless I'm missing something in the install, I would not be recommending them as fitting a Wrangler. The lights stick out a tad too far, and you can't get the screws back in place that hold the metal trim piece in place. I'm referring to the outer metal trim piece, not the metal ring that holds the lights in place.

I wonder if they are seated correctly.

Here's some photos of my WHDZ trucklight knockoffs installed and aimed.

You can see how much the shoulder sticks out looking from the side and top.

IMG_20201101_143229.jpg

IMG_20201101_143244.jpg

A little hard to see, but with the headlights properly aimed, the upper/outer screw is completely blocked. Positioning the screw in the hole puts the head firmly against the light.

IMG_20201101_143259.jpg

If I had torx screwdriver with a longer shaft (title of my sex tape) I could aim the headlight all the way up, get that screw in, and then re-aim the headlight with the bezel already installed. Unfortunately, I have a set of bits that go into a handle but the girth is too much to fit in between the bezel and the light, and my other option is one of those Swiss Army knife of torx drivers and they're not long enough to reach the adjuster when the headlight is tilted up enough to get to the screw.

I'm still happy with the lights; I like the look and the performance, I'm just running with 2 out of 3 bezel screws for now.

Low beam:
IMG_20201101_202959.jpg

high beam:
IMG_20201101_202956.jpg

Reactions: Ron505
I do want to try those - Xprite 7″ Inch LED Halo Headlights for Jeep Wrangler from this page of best jeep wrangler led headlights cause they do provide low and high beam lighting. I'm just curious, how much of knowledge would it require to install them properly? Any experience of installing and using them?

it's a one banana job only requiring a T10 torx screwdriver

Reactions: Steel City 06

I run truck lites also. The headlights sit essentially where the factory lights did. Maybe a hair further out. The bolts for the trim ring are a little tougher to get in, but I was able to get them all in with some creativity.
Edit: I also use a dedicated Torx screwdriver and the narrow head helps for sure.

Reactions: Ephry73
@Chris I’m going to pick up a set of the truck-lite 27270C lights but none of your links for them seem to work anymore. Is this something you can update on your end or is there just not an affiliate compatible link for them anymore?

I’ve found them on Amazon for $165 but a review says it isn’t a Truck-lite authorized seller so they don’t honor warranty claims.

Walmart seems to be an authorized seller and has them for $160 but Napa and Quadratec are priced at $320 per bulb. Really has me wondering if the Walmart model is actually the same.

@Chris I’m going to pick up a set of the truck-lite 27270C lights but none of your links for them seem to work anymore. Is this something you can update on your end or is there just not an affiliate compatible link for them anymore?

I’ve found them on Amazon for $165 but a review says it isn’t a Truck-lite authorized seller so they don’t honor warranty claims.

Walmart seems to be an authorized seller and has them for $160 but Napa and Quadratec are priced at $320 per bulb. Really has me wondering if the Walmart model is actually the same.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013FX3YWO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I'll have to update that link in the original post, it must have changed.

That must be the same one you found, huh?

I didn't realize that about the warranty. I guess that's a good thing to know though.

The issue is that now there are so many friggin' copies of the Truck Lites (and many others) that I'm actually questioning what even defines a "real" Truck Lite anymore. I mean those knock-offs look almost identical just at a fraction of the cost.

I guess the good news is that since those lights are shipped and fulfilled by Amazon Prime, you always have Amazon customer service to fall back on. Of course that isn't forever, but you know what I mean.

Reactions: __steve__
Poor picture I realize, I will take a better one tonight. The black housing is the LED headlight. It has three female plugs on the back of "JW Speaker" lights. Probably knock offs. What adapter is needed for these lights?

F0028A1B-8478-415C-A622-036CF8B85081.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeM
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013FX3YWO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I'll have to update that link in the original post, it must have changed.

That must be the same one you found, huh?

I didn't realize that about the warranty. I guess that's a good thing to know though.

The issue is that now there are so many friggin' copies of the Truck Lites (and many others) that I'm actually questioning what even defines a "real" Truck Lite anymore. I mean those knock-offs look almost identical just at a fraction of the cost.

I guess the good news is that since those lights are shipped and fulfilled by Amazon Prime, you always have Amazon customer service to fall back on. Of course that isn't forever, but you know what I mean.
Those look like authentic Truck Lites, just worth noting though that price is for 1 headlight. Not the pair.