JK Mirror Movers

I have not and never will but I will post these extra questions for anyone to answer:

What are the chances that the mounting holes are in the correct location or far enough away from the bolts on the TJ windshield hinges that the mirror mounts or the TJ hinges can be drilled or drilled and tapped?

Are those springy mirrors able to be moved out of the way to get past whatever gets in the way (trees, rock walls, the neighbor's van)?

The bumper added to the door will push the mirror out of the way but what happens when you lift the door to take it off?

And, what the heck, how easy is it to add the heated mirrors to the TJ?

I have not and never will but I will post these extra questions for anyone to answer:

What are the chances that the mounting holes are in the correct location or far enough away from the bolts on the TJ windshield hinges that the mirror mounts or the TJ hinges can be drilled or drilled and tapped?
I think looking at it, I could possibly mount one and drill a third hole to match.
Are those springy mirrors able to be moved out of the way to get past whatever gets in the way (trees, rock walls, the neighbor's van)?
That I am not sure, they look to be a lot closer to the door than the stock position so they might fold in closer than stock, maybe.
The bumper added to the door will push the mirror out of the way but what happens when you lift the door to take it off?
Reading the instructions there is a pin that you can use to lock it folded all the way out.
And, what the heck, how easy is it to add the heated mirrors to the TJ?
That would be sweet, actually. I recently switched daily drivers without heated mirrors and did not realize I would miss it that much. Probably just a hot and a ground and have a relay in-between activated by the rear window defroster.

I've been working on heated mirrors with a turn signal repeater integrated also. Waiting on a few parts to arrive to be able to finish them up. I've been trying to document things as I go to post a write up when I'm done. I'll be using a timer circuit with relay to have it shut off after a determined time frame.

It's actually been a background project for me for about two years. One of the mirrors I was using had the mounting screws snap off, and I was waiting for a buddy to bore them out on a mill, as his screw extractors didn't work. I finally just ended up ordering an extra mirror from eBay.

Here's a preview (and I know you can't really see the heating element):
Heated TJ mirror.jpg

Heated TJ mirror wires.jpg

Reactions: Go 'stros