JK to TJ Rear Axle Swap: Slow Build

A new rear shaft is like $300, do it if you need to. Do you have a rubi.? I needed a new shaft due to the SYE when I did the jk swap. On the front I was able to reuse the stock driveshaft but I did push the axle slightly forward.

If you have to buy brakes buy JL JT brakes they bolt right on with their respective rotors.
I was asking if he had an oem driveshaft before the swap or if he absolutely had to buy a new driveshaft. I was asking because not long ago I finally installed the sye I had lying around and bought a new Adams driveshaft. I’d rather not spend another $300 bucks if the one I have will work when I swap the axle. Are jl/jt brakes bigger?

I was asking if he had an oem driveshaft before the swap or if he absolutely had to buy a new driveshaft. I was asking because not long ago I finally installed the sye I had lying around and bought a new Adams driveshaft. I’d rather not spend another $300 bucks if the one I have will work when I swap the axle. Are jl/jt brakes bigger?
i went from a TJ Dana 35 to a JK Dana 44 and was able to use the driveshaft as is. i kept the JK axle back as far as i could.
and i'm sure you wouldn't need a whole new shaft even if you can't get it to fit, they could alter the 1 you have if needed.

Reactions: Chasitek
i went from a TJ Dana 35 to a JK Dana 44 and was able to use the driveshaft as is. i kept the JK axle back as far as i could.
and i'm sure you wouldn't need a whole new shaft even if you can't get it to fit, they could alter the 1 you have if needed.
Yeah I know I could send it back to be modified but it would still suck to have to spend more money on it. I’ll pray it’ll fit. I have a dana44 since it’s an lj so hopefully it’s about the same as a Dana 35.

Yeah I know I could send it back to be modified but it would still suck to have to spend more money on it. I’ll pray it’ll fit. I have a dana44 since it’s an lj so hopefully it’s about the same as a Dana 35.
You should be fine, 44 for 44 . 35 to 44 shrink's the gap about an inch.

Last edited: