LED vs Halogen Headlight

Are the Cibie E-code 7" round headlights and the Cibie 82440 the same, as in the description it states the 82440 is a fog light?

Johnnie
My Cibie E-codes housings are at least 30 years old and look the same as the Amazon ones.
I don't know why they would describe them as fog lights, since they have a H-4, 60/55 watt bulb. But they are excellent in the fog.
They have a very defined cut-off and the low beam pattern floods the area in front of you just like a fog pattern.
And the high beams reach way out there. A lot better than the Truck-Lite LED's that I thought would be better because they were the 'new thing'.

All I know is that having to replace a factory LED, Ballast, and Housing cost me an arm and a leg for my 2006 300C. I really wish I just had regular headlights in it.

Reactions: Flivver250
AA2CD30A-BEE2-47FD-94BC-A9BAD5AA1414.jpeg

I run the KC gravity LED headlights now and am very impressed. I Upgraded them from the KC halogens because the light color was different from the gravity LED spotlights I have and I’m weird enough to let that bother me! 🤣

Ok I have reviewed online write-ups and images of the various Headlights. I know that Chris has a post on here about them. I know that most go with the JW speaker LED's. I have recently tried out the Trucklite LED headlights with heater element. They are very crisp and nice. BUT I have put my old upgrades back in. Shortly after getting my TJ I bought a set of JK headlights. They were 20 bucks for the pair. (guy bought the LED HALOS) so I installed them and opted to put in the Sylvania XL bulbs. SO with 20 for the lights and 25 for the bulbs and 8 for the H4-H13 harness adapter I had a great improvement over stock. Now back to my review of Trucklite.....They were bright, but I just can't accept how they look on the TJ. Looks like a weird bug ( almost as bad as an angry bird grill) I have recently put my halogen lights back in. I put the Trucklite Headlights up in the shelves until I can find a use for them. THis is just my opinion.
I don't think they look or resemble anything like the angry turd grille at all, not even close. They just look kewel too.

IMG_0749.JPG