UK legal LED headlight upgrades

UKTJ

TJ Enthusiast
How bright are the Hellas though? Is it comparable to LEDs?
Bottom line, I do not think they are. As per above, they will accept an H4 compatible LED bulb, but that is not a legal set up. Also, since Jan the MOT checks were changed and it will be an MOT fail if spotted.

A matter of the good old form vs function decision and as ever beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Caledonian

Supporting Member
My plan as well, just prefer the glass rather than polycarb and the more traditional look.

PS did you TJ have to come via Suez, was it delayed?
Stuck there for a few days, now steaming past Crete to Athens, then Italy somewhere, then Newcastle ETA 12 April ish..

Reactions: UKTJ
OP
Succentor

Succentor

Stepped back from the edge and just went with Hella H4s
I’ve done the same for now: just installed them this afternoon.

One issue I had is the rubber 'boot' they come with to prevent moisture has a circular hole, and my stock H4 plug is sort of a square T shape. So I couldn’t fit the boot. What did you do?

Caledonian

Supporting Member
I’ve done the same for now: just installed them this afternoon.

One issue I had is the rubber 'boot' they come with to prevent moisture has a circular hole, and my stock H4 plug is sort of a square T shape. So I couldn’t fit the boot. What did you do?
Hi, haven't got that far..awaiting my Jeep landing in the UK around 12th April then I can get my sticky paws on it!

Reactions: Succentor